The Student Room Group

Help with a level decisions please!!!

I was thinking of dropping AS level maths in order to focus more on my other three subjects, (English literature, history and government and politics), but was also thinking of doing the PPE at uni, possibly Warwick or Oxford? I was wondering if anyone knows how much this might damage my chances? Should I stick it out?
Original post by Mollielmann
I was thinking of dropping AS level maths in order to focus more on my other three subjects, (English literature, history and government and politics), but was also thinking of doing the PPE at uni, possibly Warwick or Oxford? I was wondering if anyone knows how much this might damage my chances? Should I stick it out?

If you want to do PPE then I would strongly recommend you keep up AS Maths- Oxford say on their website it is an advantage to have done Maths for the Economics part of the course, they encourage those who aren't already taking it to take up AS Level Maths. At Lincoln College as an example, 90% of those successful had studied the subject to AS Level.
Original post by Mollielmann

For PPE I would definitely keep doing Maths preferably to A2 Level but 100% to the end of AS at a minimum. Im not sure about entry requirements but I have no doubt that A Level Maths would help with the Economics branch of PPE

Also, if you are struggling with AS Maths, maybe consider if a degree with Economics is right for you? Economics at degree level is largely Maths.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending