The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
in a word. Yes.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Do you recommend any specific places to live in fallowfield?
well...it all depends...but the obvious choice (it's the obvious choice for a reason) would be Owens Park, it's noisy but it's very sociable, and to be honest, in first year, the social side of uni takes priority.

but again, it depends on all sorts such as whether you want to be catered or not, or if you want an en suite etc...
Probably self catered ensuite if possible... do you have any views on sheavyn house, richmond park, hulme hall, burkhardt house, pankhurst court or dalton ellis hall? thanks for your help by the way :smile:
Reply 5
Fallowfield is immense. Definitley go for that.
I'm doing Nursing which is hardcore full-time but i'm still living in Owens Park.
Is owens park ensuite?
Reply 7
No, but it doesn't really matter. I had en-suite at my old uni and ive experienced shared and tbh i prefer shared. More sociable.
I lived in Pankhurst in my first year, and while I did have an ace time, Victoria Park is pretty rubbish. Out of those you mentioned I know people that lived in Dalton Ellis, Hulme and Richmond Park...

..both Dalton Ellis and Hulme are in Victoria park but Richmond is in Fallowfield, on the Owens Park site, and is supposed to be pretty good...

but to be honest, an En Suite, while nice, really isn't worth the money...you'd be better off going to Oak House (which self catered) or Owens Park and having some extra money...
Reply 9
Mean Mr. Mustard
I lived in Pankhurst in my first year, and while I did have an ace time, Victoria Park is pretty rubbish. Out of those you mentioned I know people that lived in Dalton Ellis, Hulme and Richmond Park...

..both Dalton Ellis and Hulme are in Victoria park but Richmond is in Fallowfield, on the Owens Park site, and is supposed to be pretty good...

but to be honest, an En Suite, while nice, really isn't worth the money...you'd be better off going to Oak House (which self catered) or Owens Park and having some extra money...

AND food cooked for you, always a bonus.
Clarence
AND food cooked for you, always a bonus.

ohh...I dunno...you've never had OP tea! :tongue:

(it's not that bad really)
Reply 11
Mean Mr. Mustard
ohh...I dunno...you've never had OP tea! :tongue:

(it's not that bad really)

The coffee is worse.

I stay in OP all the time when i visit my friends who live there. I've experienced everything and I still want to live there lol.
loads of my friends last year lived in OP, so I used to get offered meal tickets and stuff whenever any of them were away/couldn't make dinner, I used to always take the tickets...so I guess the food couldn't have been that bad!
Reply 13
What about Oak House?It's my first choice in my aplication.Is it sociable like Owens Park?You see I made this choice because although I'm sociable I don't like to live in a too noisy environment.Except of student life I'd like also to study without stupidities disturbing me.
Oak house is still pretty sociable, but because of the layout (it's split into flats rather than open halls like OP) it's generally quiter and it's slightly more difficult to integrate with people on other floors...

but it'll just depend who lives in the same block as you really as to how well you'll integrate with the other flats on your block

Latest

Trending

Trending