The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

last minute personal statement worries !!!!!!!!!!!!

i dropped out of uni and i am re applying. I wasn't happy 2 years ago but can't seem to show a positive attitude on me dropping out to put on my personal statement.. e.g i didn't enjoy the course (but i did)
please help guys !
Never explain your downfalls on a personal statement, leave that hard work to your referee.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Don't write about negative things on your PS. You don't have loads of words and it is your place to sell yourself and explain why you want to do the course etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretend you're starting from a blank canvas and like it never happened :chaplin:
Original post by hej29
i dropped out of uni and i am re applying. I wasn't happy 2 years ago but can't seem to show a positive attitude on me dropping out to put on my personal statement.. e.g i didn't enjoy the course (but i did)
please help guys !

Hi hej29,

Sorry for the late reply!

I have just had a little chat with the admissions team and they said that dropping out of university won't jeopardise your application if you are applying for first year again. So don't panic!

They also recommended that if you did decide to mention it in your personal statement to go along the lines of, "At the time, university wasn't right for me, so I decided to take some time out (mention any work experience) and I realised that (mention course/profession) is what I would like to do"

Please make sure you put it in your own words if you do decide you want to say something along those lines.

Good luck with your application! I hope everything works out fine!

Thanks,

Ellen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending