The Student Room Group

Jakarta Terror Attack

Scroll to see replies

I notice those who said we should wait or how do we know it wasn't terrorism in the name of Islam have all gone very very quite on this thread now ISIS have claimed responsibility
Original post by BaconandSauce
I notice those who said we should wait or how do we know it wasn't terrorism in the name of Islam have all gone very very quite on this thread now ISIS have claimed responsibility

Our brother bacon and sauce is right
Reply 22
Compulsary "religion of peace" post.
Original post by ikhan94
You randomly assume because it is the most populous Muslim country, that they are responsible, Prejudice to be honest mate...

Forgive me for making the link between suicide bombers and Islam but I'm unaware of (m)any other groups that are willing to do that. It's hardly a random assumption.

Also
Who else would it be then?

Do you think they targeted Starbucks (a western company) because they served them the wrong skinny latte?

they did not get enough sprinkles.

:five:
Original post by the bear
they did not get enough sprinkles.

We all know the anger this can inspire!
Reply 27
Well... suicide is haram (forbidden) in Islam, so looks like someone's not following their religion properly...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Well... suicide is haram (forbidden) in Islam, so looks like someone's not following their religion properly...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but in the case of Jihad, isn't the muslim individual allowed to engage in haram activities? For example, if his mission is to infiltrate an American organisation, and he is required to eat bacon (weird hypothetical but oh well), then he is allowed as it is part of his mission.
Original post by HAnwar

Granted, but would you admit that there is a high likelihood that people that carry out suicide attacks identify as Muslims?
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do they think they are committing suicide or do they think they are dying fighting for allah and their death is irrelevant.

Q4:74 - Let those fight in the way ofAllah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fights in the way ofAllah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward.

But aren't you usually the one who posts this?
Original post by ikhan94
You randomly assume because it is the most populous Muslim country, that they are responsible, Prejudice to be honest mate...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/14/jakarta-bombings-multiple-casualties-after-indonesian-capital-hit-by-suicide-attacks
Original post by TheArtofProtest
But aren't you usually the one who posts this?

Yes depending on the type of attack and the circumstances

And when we find out when it was done in the name of Islam (they usually are but best to wait) I don't then abandon the thread as the truth suddenly becomes inconvenient.
Yes depending on the type of attack and the circumstances

And when we find out when it was done in the name of Islam (they usually are but best to wait) I don't then abandon the thread as the truth suddenly becomes inconvenient.

What do you expect them to then do?
Original post by TheArtofProtest
What do you expect them to then do?

Carry on with the conversation now they DO KNOW WHO DID IT
Reply 37
Original post by Arkasia
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but in the case of Jihad, isn't the muslim individual allowed to engage in haram activities? For example, if his mission is to infiltrate an American organisation, and he is required to eat bacon (weird hypothetical but oh well), then he is allowed as it is part of his mission.

Definitely not suicide.

Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Granted, but would you admit that there is a high likelihood that people that carry out suicide attacks identify as Muslims?

Yeah though they aren't very good Muslims.
Do they think they are committing suicide or do they think they are dying fighting for allah and their death is irrelevant.

Q4:74 - Let those fight in the way ofAllah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fights in the way ofAllah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward.

I can copy and paste too.

It was narrated from Thaabit ibn al-Dahhaak (RA) that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: Whoever kills himself with something in this world will be punished with it on the Day of Resurrection.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5700; Muslim, 110.

[((Indeed, whoever (intentionally) kills himself, then certainly he will be punished in the Fire of Hell, wherein he shall dwell forever)), [Bukhaaree (5778) and Muslim (109 and 110)
Original post by Onde
Only if Allah forbids it. Murder is also presumably haram in Islam for the most part (where law-abiding Muslims of your sect are concerned at least), but then the qur'an has verses like this: "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

"Truly, if the Hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and those who stir up sedition in the City, desist not, We shall certainly stir thee up against them: Then will they not be able to stay in it as thy neighbours for any length of time. They shall have a curse on them: whenever they are found, they shall be seized and slain (without mercy)." (also translated as massacred or horribly murdered).

Murder is allowed in some cases.
Taking verses out of context doesn't prove anything.
You still haven't shown me where it says suicide is permissible.

Again, I can copy and paste too.

It was narrated from Thaabit ibn al-Dahhaak (RA) that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: Whoever kills himself with something in this world will be punished with it on the Day of Resurrection.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5700; Muslim, 110.

[((Indeed, whoever (intentionally) kills himself, then certainly he will be punished in the Fire of Hell, wherein he shall dwell forever)), [Bukhaaree (5778) and Muslim (109 and 110)

It was narrated by Jundub ibn Abdullah who said that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: "There was amongst those before you a man who had a wound. He was in [such] anguish that he took a knife and made with it a cut in his hand, and the blood did not cease to flow till he died. Allah the Almighty said: 'My servant has himself forestalled Me; I have forbidden him Paradise.'" It was related by al-Bukhari.
Original post by HAnwar

I can copy and paste too.

So you counter something said in the Quran with a Hadith

Is what the Quran says wrong then?
LOL indonesia is apologists and islamists go to country when saying how not all muslim countries have terrorists etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending