The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham University Accommodation

Which type of accommodation/hall would be best for a Children's Nursing Undergraduate student??
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya! I'm actually a first year studying Children's Nursing at the University of Nottingham so hello! :smile: The choice of which accommodation you go into is entirely up to you depending on your preference, but in terms of what most Nursing students go for it's either Raleigh Park (RP) or St Peters Court (SPC) as they are both within walking distance of the medical school located inside Queens Medical Centre and close to Nottingham City Centre. There are also multiple buses that run that way from outside QMC and a student bus that directly circulates to town, QMC, University Park and then St Peters Court. A lot of my friends live at either of the two and absolutely love it! A couple of my friends also live at Broadgate Park (BGP) which is nearer to Beeston, at the other side of Uni Park campus and they catch the new tram from University Boulevard to the QMC which is literally a 2 minute walk away and a 5 minute tram ride. Sometimes they walk across the campus too which is a plus for BGP because those living at RP/SPC rarely get the chance to see how beautiful Uni Park campus is unless they choose to visit. Other options would be on campus halls, which I can't really give any information on except they are on Uni Park campus and are catered meaning you get your breakfast and tea (or dinner if you say that) provided for you! (I think) or privately rented accommodation such as Nottingham 1 which I believe is directly inbetween RP/SPC.
I personally lived in Broadgate Park in an ensuite and had a lovely room, kitchen, flatmates and block. However I moved back home after 3 months living there because I could not STAND how bad the wifi was, and when I say bad I mean absolutely appallingly awful. It drops out for hours at a time multiple times a day, and despite studentcom coming to do surveys and testing it, taking complaints etc. it never seemed to improve. I only learnt this after I'd signed my contract and after speaking to people who had lived there previously over several years they all said the same thing, that it had always been like that and after signing a contract a lot cannot afford to get out of it or even have the option of doing so. Having said that, people obviously do find a way to adjust to it because people stay there for the whole year (trapped or not :wink: ) and my friends seem to be happy living there. In terms of costs I am unsure of specifically how much rent p/w is for catered or private halls at all, nor do I know each individual accommodation. I do however know that RP/SPC are cheaper than BGP depending on the room you choose, I had an ensuite at BGP which cost £133 p/w - the standard rooms are a little cheaper I believe around £109 p/w. I would highly recommend getting a close estimate as to how much student finance/NHS bursary you are entitled to so that you can ensure you have enough to cover the rent and have money for food, living, travel etc - it all adds up! :wink: and aside from that I would also recommend visiting the accommodation on offer either personally arranged or via an accommodation open day that I believe the University run!I hope that this was helpful, and if you need any more information whether it be regarding accommodation or the course please don't hesitate to ask!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by wontstop-
Which type of accommodation/hall would be best for a Children's Nursing Undergraduate student??
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive been to couple of the halls best is defo flo bo

Quick Reply

Latest