The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Fashion Merchandise Management at Westminster Harrow INTERVIEW!

Hey! I have been given selected for an interview at Westminster! I'm just wondering if any of you out there have applied for this course and if you've been given an interview too :smile: I have so many things to discuss so I need somebody :tongue:
I was given a interview at Westminster as well for Fashion Buying Management,
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by Precious74

When's the date for your interview? :O
Original post by Alaskawolves
When's the date for your interview? :O

29th Jan
Reply 4
How did you get the request for the interview ? Via UCAS track ? Or simply email ? Thanks
Original post by marklas
How did you get the request for the interview ? Via UCAS track ? Or simply email ? Thanks

I got an email from them. They never put it through UCAS but now they have given me a conditional offer so that has now gone through UCAS :smile:
Reply 6
Oh my days!! How did your interview go? did you go to one of their open days before you applied for FBM at Westminster? What made you choose the course? Have you applied to other unis, if so which courses?
I'm sorry for the many Q's but I'll be deciding which unis I want to go to by the end of this year and doing FBM at Westminster is one of my choices at the moment. I want to become a fashion buyer/director :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by Precious74

I have an interview for fashion buying management coming up at Westminster and I was just wondering do you have an advice for me just to calm my nerves about it
Hey! I am currently doing the course now! The interview went pretty bad for me so I can give you pointers. I had a group interview which consisted of around 5 other people. You're all given a question to answer. I think mine was about how trends influence high street stores or something. Others were things like why you wanted to study FMM. You're then given ten minutes or discuss amongst the group about a certain topic. Ours was something like what stores are doing well and not well.
This is the important part. Make sure you know loads of retail news about companies /stores, not strictly fashion, look at Tesco too. Search on drapers, retail week etc and look at the latest news from this week, next week etc. That's what they want to hear. Things such as M&S closing 60 stores under the new CEO, or company turn over and profit etc. Might be a bit tedious but that's all they want to hear, and they'll be impressed if you do so!! I hope I gave you loads of info, good luck!
Reply 9
Hey! I am currently doing the course now! The interview went pretty bad for me so I can give you pointers. I had a group interview which consisted of around 5 other people. You're all given a question to answer. I think mine was about how trends influence high street stores or something. Others were things like why you wanted to study FMM. You're then given ten minutes or discuss amongst the group about a certain topic. Ours was something like what stores are doing well and not well.
This is the important part. Make sure you know loads of retail news about companies /stores, not strictly fashion, look at Tesco too. Search on drapers, retail week etc and look at the latest news from this week, next week etc. That's what they want to hear. Things such as M&S closing 60 stores under the new CEO, or company turn over and profit etc. Might be a bit tedious but that's all they want to hear, and they'll be impressed if you do so!! I hope I gave you loads of info, good luck!

This is great thanks for the help
Hey! I have been given selected for an interview at Westminster! I'm just wondering if any of you out there have applied for this course and if you've been given an interview too :smile: I have so many things to discuss so I need somebody :tongue:

Hi there

Firstly congratulations on getting an interview for Fashion Merchandise Management at Westminster. The things you need to be thinking about before you come to the interview are why you want to study the course at Westminster and why fashion merchandising. Do your research on the course, research what a Merchandiser does. Think about your future career and what type of job you may want and who you might want to work for. Any past work experience will enhance your chances of getting an offer so make a point of mentioning this even if it were a 2 week unpaid placement. We conduct group interviews so you'll need to be able to join in conversations or even lead on conversations about the fashion industry if the course tutor asks a question. Don't be shy, be confident and talk about the subject with passion and enthusiasm.

Good luck!

Kim
Course Enquiries Team :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending