The Student Room Group

Vet Nursing applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yeah RVC said to just wait it out and that contacting them about places will just slow down the process 😂 It is annoying though as I would like to apply for accomidation as soon as, and waiting to hear back is stopping me applying for accom in other places 🙄
Reply 41
My brain stopped working during the maths bit, really hoping they'll still offer me a place though!
Hi adixon, how long was it after your interview at Middlesex that they got back to you with a decision whether you got a place or not? As I went to the interview 2 weeks ago today and still haven't heard, it's worrying me a little.
Thanks
Megan
Reply 43
Original post by millyc97
Heya ☺️ I applied for Bristol, Hartpury, Harper Adams, RVC and Edinburgh
I got rejected from Bristol, but have an interview for Hartpury on Feb 3rd, RVC on Feb 16th and Edinburgh on March 4 th. Still waiting to hear back from Harper Adams though so fingers crossed!

That's so weird! I had my RVC interview the same day!! :biggrin:
Reply 44
Yeah RVC said to just wait it out and that contacting them about places will just slow down the process 😂 It is annoying though as I would like to apply for accomidation as soon as, and waiting to hear back is stopping me applying for accom in other places 🙄

What RVC accomodation would you be applying for???
Reply 45
No!! I'm so nervous that Im not going to get in!!
Reply 46
I think they put all the vet nurses together in College Close?
Reply 47
Yeah but I think you have the choice between that and the student village 😊 I used to like the student village one but I'm more on the college close now as I'm with other vet nurses 😊 but hey I might not even get in yet! 😂 I really hope I do get in!
Reply 48
Original post by Padge07
Yeah but I think you have the choice between that and the student village 😊 I used to like the student village one but I'm more on the college close now as I'm with other vet nurses 😊 but hey I might not even get in yet! 😂 I really hope I do get in!

Although being with other VNs is great, I didn't like the idea of people moving in and out of the flats, plus I want an ensuite so I'm going to apply for the actual halls 😂 How do you think your interview went?
Reply 49
Did any of you guys have an interview at Harper Adams today?
Reply 50
Original post by Sadiek
Hey, I applied to do vet nursing too at Askham Bryan however I think it's too far I did get a conditional offer and a interview but I don't think I want to go. The other places I have applied at are: Sparsholt college, College of west anglia, Middlesex and Nottingham trent.

I got an unconditional for Sparsholt today, I'm a mature student though
Reply 51
Although being with other VNs is great, I didn't like the idea of people moving in and out of the flats, plus I want an ensuite so I'm going to apply for the actual halls 😂 How do you think your interview went?

Yeah that is true! Yeah same haha! I was just so worried that id be alone in halls but if other people are going to do the same, then I'll definitely apply for the halls! 😂 It went okay, not the best because unfortunately my dog was put to sleep the day before 😢 So it really distracted me and made me really emotional and broke down 😕 What about you?
Original post by esther_carroll
I applied to Bristol, RVC, Harper Adams and Middlesex.

I had an interview and have an offer from Bristol and was wondering if anyone had heard anything from the others if they've applied to any of them because I'm stressin

I had interviews from Harper and RVC recently and am awaiting decisions but have not heard a thing from Middlesex
Reply 53
Do any of you need to get work experience, i have been asked to get at least 20 days of it within a vet practice but i'm struggling to find any available places. :frown:
Reply 54
Original post by JaffaNeko
Do any of you need to get work experience, i have been asked to get at least 20 days of it within a vet practice but i'm struggling to find any available places. :frown:

You do need work experience, most unis ask for 2 weeks of a vet practice and 2 weeks of another animal environment, the more you have, the better it is! Be persistent and keep asking and ask everywhere! 😊
Middlesex was a nightmare for me! I applied to the rvc,hartpury and college of west Anglia + Middlesex I got offers from the other 3 but nothing from Middlesex since the aknowledgement email, I withdrew my application didn't want to miss out on accommodation anywhere else but oh well guess I'll never know 😞
Reply 56
Original post by GabbyGeorge
Middlesex was a nightmare for me! I applied to the rvc,hartpury and college of west Anglia + Middlesex I got offers from the other 3 but nothing from Middlesex since the aknowledgement email, I withdrew my application didn't want to miss out on accommodation anywhere else but oh well guess I'll never know 😞

Awh well I think you'll make the most of everything at what ever uni! 😊 when did you find out from RVC? I haven't heard anything back yet!! 😱
Original post by Padge07
Awh well I think you'll make the most of everything at what ever uni! 😊 when did you find out from RVC? I haven't heard anything back yet!! 😱

Awh thank you! I only found out yesterday and had my interview about 3 weeks ago I'm not really sure what their system is for giving out offers seems kinda confusing 😖 Good luck And hopefully you'll find out soon!
Reply 58
Awh thank you! I only found out yesterday and had my interview about 3 weeks ago I'm not really sure what their system is for giving out offers seems kinda confusing 😖 Good luck And hopefully you'll find out soon!

That's really good!! 😊 hopefully!! I've been waiting for 3 weeks as well!! I can't wait no longer!! 😂 Yeah it does! Thank you! 😊
Reply 59

Ahh I had my interview at RVC on 16th Feb and I got my offer today!! What was offer? ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending