The Student Room Group

Enough to get in?

Basically, I moved from Australia to England, leaving me with 5 months to do GCSE's (having never done any of the syllabus due to different education in Australia).
I achieved AAAAAAAA
Now at college studying English literature, English language, Maths and Economics- predicted all A's.
I have a wider reading list longer than my arm including the odyssey homer, the illiad, shakespeare etc.
Also highly into extra curricular activites e.g. Teach swimming on the weekends, play rugby, run marathons etc.

I'm wondering whether I have a chance at reading English at Cambridge, I know my GCSE's aren't typical but given my predicament would it be considered?
Thans in advance for any feedback.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Callum6050
Basically, I moved from Australia to England, leaving me with 5 months to do GCSE's (having never done any of the syllabus due to different education in Australia).
I achieved AAAAAAAA
Now at college studying English literature, English language, Maths and Economics- predicted all A's.
I have a wider reading list longer than my arm including the odyssey homer, the illiad, shakespeare etc.
Also highly into extra curricular activites e.g. Teach swimming on the weekends, play rugby, run marathons etc.

I'm wondering whether I have a chance at reading English at Cambridge, I know my GCSE's aren't typical but given my predicament would it be considered?
Thans in advance for any feedback.

The extra currics aren't relevant

GCSEs are fine (and not that important).

If you are on target for A*AA in your A-levels you are likely to get an interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending