The Student Room Group

Revision timetable

I'd like to start revising for my AS exams in May/June, I was wondering how people create revision timetables? I know they're super beneficial and I can't seem to stick to them :frown: Any suggestions would be fab
One way to structure a revision timetable is to allocate revision sessions and breaks within certain times, such as 45 minutes of revision followed by a 15 minute break, which is repeated. An example of this timetable could be 11am-11.45am revise topic a, 11.45am-12pm take a break, 12pm-12.45pm revise topic b, 12.45pm-1pm take a break, and so on.

Another way to structure a revision timetable is to allocate subjects or topics to days. For example, on Saturday revise topic a, topic b and topic c, on Sunday revise topics d, e, f and g, and so on. I personally used this method when revising for my A Levels, as it was much less stressful than trying to complete work within specific times.

Best of luck :smile:
Reply 2
You can create a good revision timetable using SMART goalsetting. In other words, be specific about your goals, by making them measurable and time-related.

Don't say:

I will study for my IGCSE Geography exam

Instead be specific, such as:

I will revise geography on weather forecasting by Friday 12th of February. This gives me three days for researcg, four days for learning the material, and two days for testing myself. This leaves me one day for unexpected problems.

If you are looking for more advice, feel free to check out my website: igcsegeography.wordpress.com

It is targeted specificially at the IGCSE, but I also cover exam and study tips.

Wishing you success in your future endeavours.
my own preference is to make a rough timetable or guideline for what I'm doing, i find rigid time tables stress me out too much and i end up neglecting them. What I usually do is just make a timetable for the month I'm in and assign a sub topic to that day - i.e today I was doing Cleisthenes for AS classics, on the timetable it was put down as history but because I had a lesson today i switched it. But thats what I do, if you want a strict timetable then go ahead - sometimes it helps to have different subjects split on the same day so you don't get bored. Good luck!:smile:
Reply 4
Perhaps I should clarify: You don't have to be really strict. Don't force yourself to revise topic A at 7 pm on Thursday, but you should have a clear target as to what you want to accomplish in a given time. Obviously, you should adapt to arising circumstances, whether this means reshuffling your schedule, or postponing a certain activity, this should be fine occasionally. Just make sure to reach your final deadline. In the example above:

"I will revise geography on weather forecasting by Friday 12th of February. This gives me three days for researcg, four days for learning the material, and two days for testing myself. This leaves me one day for unexpected problems."

This could mean you finish revising weather forecasting on Friday 12th of February, even if you change the time alloted to research, revising and testing. (which is often necessary as we tend to under- or overestimate a lot)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending