The Student Room Group

I'm S4 and need advice and help pleassse!

Hi, so I am S4 right now, my prelims start on Monday, but its not those I am worried about. I have some questions about S5 subjects and S6 subjects. So, in S5 I want to take six things but I can only have five and one of them is N5 maths because I am doing Nat 4 this year. So anyway, I was wondering how many classes can you take in S6. because I would like to do Advanced Highers as well, and I would like to do AH Computing Science, AH Music, AH Biology, and I wondered if you could do an N5 in S6, but surely nobody else will want to do that, so there will be no class?? I also want to try Psychology as Higher, but in sixth year. I also want to do English, well I NEED to do English for uni, which i really want to go to. So can I miss a year and do it in S5 as higher. I'm sorry there are so many questions but I would be very grateful if you could answer them for me. Thank you so much!
Original post by McFarlane
Hi, so I am S4 right now, my prelims start on Monday, but its not those I am worried about. I have some questions about S5 subjects and S6 subjects. So, in S5 I want to take six things but I can only have five and one of them is N5 maths because I am doing Nat 4 this year. So anyway, I was wondering how many classes can you take in S6. because I would like to do Advanced Highers as well, and I would like to do AH Computing Science, AH Music, AH Biology, and I wondered if you could do an N5 in S6, but surely nobody else will want to do that, so there will be no class?? I also want to try Psychology as Higher, but in sixth year. I also want to do English, well I NEED to do English for uni, which i really want to go to. So can I miss a year and do it in S5 as higher. I'm sorry there are so many questions but I would be very grateful if you could answer them for me. Thank you so much!

Some schools will allow six subjects in S5, some will not. If you really want to do extra ones, then you can get lessons out of school and sit the exam in school.

As for S6 studies, it would be madness to do anything more than three Advanced Highers. I am currently doing Adv. Maths, Chemistry, and Biology and it's bad enough as it is. Although I have fifteen free periods a week, I still have to work in every single one of them.

I think that you need to prioritise your subjects and decide which one are essential for your future studies/career and stick with those. For example, I wanted to do Nat 5 cake craft as an extra this year but I decided not to because I need all the free periods I can get. If you need to do English next year, then make it a priority to do it next year.

Don't worry; you still have ages to figure this all out.
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your reply. This has helped thanks 😀
You're thinking too far ahead.

As you go through the years you'll realise how piss nat 5s are and probably want to crash the higher in s6 anyway.

It doesn't matter how many subjects you do in s6 provided your s5 goes well.
Reply 4
You're best taking things slow. Youve still got loads of time, careers to consider, uni courses and requirements to consider and so on. It's extreme thinking ahead to s6 as you have no idea how your s4 will go nevermind s5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending