The Student Room Group

Are Brits less clean than other people?

Most men dont shave down there, sometimes not even their underarms.
Some surveys have found that most women dont wash every day.
You go to a bar/club and people smell horrible in there.
You go to the library and you can smell swear.
I mean is it just that we don't care as much as other nationalities? Is it a cultural things or is it that all nationalities are like that? Perhaps a busy life these days? I'm a guy and I was surprised to hear that my mates were surprised that I shave my underarms. I used to do that since I was like 12))))))
Obviously women are generally more clean than men but I think it's like that everywhere.
Reply 1
Original post by TrotskyiteRebel
I mean is it just that we don't care as much as other nationalities? Is it a cultural things or is it that all nationalities are like that? Perhaps a busy life these days? I'm a guy and I was surprised to hear that my mates were surprised that I shave my underarms. I used to do that since I was like 12))))))
Obviously women are generally more clean than men but I think it's like that everywhere.

Haha very amusing, I'd quite like to see where you found these statistics, likewise I do not believe them to be fully true.
Original post by Maz A
Haha very amusing, I'd quite like to see where you found these statistics, likewise I do not believe them to be fully true.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11427875/Four-out-of-five-women-dont-shower-every-day.html
A lot of people do smell, I think they don't notice it though but its so bad when someone sits next to me on the train/bus and stinks so bad :puke:
They really need to shower and use deodorant and a perfume/aftershave wouldn't hurt
Original post by TrotskyiteRebel

I really do not think that anything you have put here is correct.

1. not shaving pubic hair and armpit hair is not anything to do with being clean.

2. I am sure in most countries there are people who do not wash every day, women and men.

3. I visit the bar occasionally and the only smell is beer and oak, I really that you can say "most people in bars smell" some people probably do but I doubt it is only bars. and with nightclubs, If you are jumping up and down and dancing for a long time you will get sweaty regardless of being in Britain or being British.

4. some libraries smell of book surprisingly but I really do not think that there is really a "people in libraries smell" thing going on.

shaving is mostly a preference and you only let yourself become dirty even if you do not have a beard.
Have you been to france?

Ohhhh a survey conducted by a cosmetics company found this? What a surprise hey!?
Original post by earthworm
Have you been to france?

:laugh::laugh::lol::yep:
Body hair isn't unhygienic
Reply 9
y'all just get the central line during rush hour and try not to pass out X'D
Original post by z33
y'all just get the central line during rush hour and try not to pass out X'D

neat :u:

Quick Reply

Latest