The Student Room Group
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

Adult Nursing Sept 2016

Anyone else applied for adult nursing for september?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have :smile: Beds has invited me to a selection event on the 25th Jan.
How about you?
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website
Reply 2
Still waiting for an interview for there but got ones at Herts! Taking ages, good luck with your interview!x
Reply 3
Thank you very much :smile: it went better than I thought.
Have you heard back from Beds yet?
Reply 4
Original post by Nanodae
Thank you very much :smile: it went better than I thought.
Have you heard back from Beds yet?

Same got a conditional offer last night & have an interview next Wednesday what about you?
Reply 5
Original post by Shams119
Same got a conditional offer last night & have an interview next Wednesday what about you?

Congratulations on the offer! :smile: Need to wait till May for Beds in terms of getting an offer or not (my first choice).
I have done the numeracy & literacy for Middlesex last Wednesday, so I am waiting to hear back for interview.
Reply 6
Original post by Nanodae
Congratulations on the offer! :smile: Need to wait till May for Beds in terms of getting an offer or not (my first choice).
I have done the numeracy & literacy for Middlesex last Wednesday, so I am waiting to hear back for interview.

Thank you very much. Well good luck for both of them!! What's the tests like at beds that's also my first choice
Reply 7
Thank you very much. Well good luck for both of them!! What's the tests like at beds that's also my first choice

Bedfordshire tests were very straightforward, much easier than others I have done. The English was 20 minutes, a mix of question exercises and one that allows you to write about a topic. The Maths was 30 minutes in length and only 10 questions - not very difficult either which is a bonus, non calculator.
Reply 8
Original post by Nanodae
Bedfordshire tests were very straightforward, much easier than others I have done. The English was 20 minutes, a mix of question exercises and one that allows you to write about a topic. The Maths was 30 minutes in length and only 10 questions - not very difficult either which is a bonus, non calculator.

Alright thank you! What about the interview what type of questions.

(Soz bout questions lol)
Reply 9
Alright thank you! What about the interview what type of questions.

(Soz bout questions lol)

Most of them were show examples of a time you did X, either skill or a scenario based question. We were called up one by one by a variety of interviewers, when some of the candidates came back they shared the kind of questions with us, most were example ones others were not. So seems there was a bit of variety - you are only asked 4 questions.
I'm afraid I can't share much more with the interview questions. But nothing overly difficult if you have experience in care.
Reply 10
Original post by Nanodae
Most of them were show examples of a time you did X, either skill or a scenario based question. We were called up one by one by a variety of interviewers, when some of the candidates came back they shared the kind of questions with us, most were example ones others were not. So seems there was a bit of variety - you are only asked 4 questions.
I'm afraid I can't share much more with the interview questions. But nothing overly difficult if you have experience in care.

Alright thank you so much!!!
Reply 11
Alright thank you so much!!!

How did your interview at Beds go? :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Nanodae
How did your interview at Beds go? :smile:

Hiya,
Yeah went really well thanks. Just waiting for a reply. Do you know how long it takes?
Reply 13
Hiya,
Yeah went really well thanks. Just waiting for a reply. Do you know how long it takes?

Nice to hear it went well :smile: we hear back end of April to May 2016 unfortunately. Such a long wait :s-smilie: hoping I've done enough, only 200 spaces and goodness knows how many applied haha/
Reply 14
Original post by Nanodae
Nice to hear it went well :smile: we hear back end of April to May 2016 unfortunately. Such a long wait :s-smilie: hoping I've done enough, only 200 spaces and goodness knows how many applied haha/

Wow that's so long! But I'm sure we've done fine!! It's my insurance choice so not stressing too much but would hopefully like to get in. Good luck to you and let me know if you hear anything x
Reply 15
Wow that's so long! But I'm sure we've done fine!! It's my insurance choice so not stressing too much but would hopefully like to get in. Good luck to you and let me know if you hear anything x

Yes, it is my first choice so quite a shame it's unlike other universities who give offers out here and there - would mean we could relax sooner! Will be a long wait but what is done is done :smile:
Who is your firm choice?
Reply 16
I applied in December, I still haven't heard anything.
Reply 17
Original post by te_amo
I applied in December, I still haven't heard anything.

Have you had an email and sent off some documents? If so, have they responded that they received them?
Reply 18
Original post by Nanodae
Have you had an email and sent off some documents? If so, have they responded that they received them?

Hi, I sent out documents and they responded back in December that the had recieved them.
Reply 19
Original post by te_amo
Hi, I sent out documents and they responded back in December that the had recieved them.

Me and my friend both had got the confirmation email in December also, and both of us have already been interviewed so this seems a bit odd - unless they are very close to contacting you for interview I would email them just to find out and be on the safe side.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending