The Student Room Group

Applying to finance course after third year exams?

Hi guys, I only managed 59 in my second year so obviously not going to stand much chance of getting onto Msc Finance at Warwick, LSE, LBS, Cass etc

Do you think there will be any places left if I apply after my final year exams and hopefully get a 2.1 and if i really work hard a 1:1? I go to a top 5 uni.

Many thanks for your help
Reply 1
If I am not wrong, MSc Finance at LSE requires a 1:1.
Whatever your scores are, there is always a way around it. Even if you think you don't have the required grade, you can always give it a try. If you don't get accepted, you can always do a post graduate diploma course and then apply onto the actual course. Also LSE run the summer school - you can take some of the courses to boost your chances of being accepted on to the programme, though these tend to be expensive - the 2 modules spread over a three week period would set you back by £5K. However if this is really what you want, then go for it. . Also make sure that you obtain very good GMAT/ GRE Scores to augment your application. You just never know until you try...
Original post by sreddy17
Hi guys, I only managed 59 in my second year so obviously not going to stand much chance of getting onto Msc Finance at Warwick, LSE, LBS, Cass etc

Do you think there will be any places left if I apply after my final year exams and hopefully get a 2.1 and if i really work hard a 1:1? I go to a top 5 uni.

Many thanks for your help

Do not get bugged down by these specifications!! That is the quickest way to destroy your aspirations!! Take it from me, I speak from experience. The first thing to do is apply regardless of your final results whilst at the same time if you can afford to also apply to a pos grad diploma course. Alternatively, you can pursue a professional qualification like the ACCA / ACA or CFA and then after completing the the first level, apply to the Msc Course. Or if you get accepted on the post diploma course, you can after completing this, apply to do the Masters. In addition to these, a good GMAT/ GRE Score can also strengthen a potentially weak application and of course do not forget to put in a powerful personal statement as this also adds to the overall picture of your application.

The most important thing is that you keep moving in the direction of your goals and dreams. All the Best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending