The Student Room Group

Pig dip mental health nursing 2016 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Monikaxxx1993
Hello I have applied for postgraduate as well. Could anyone share an experience from interview at Middlesex and Bucks Uni ? and still I can wait for further avaliable dates for nursing interview? Thanks
Monika

Hey, I haven't had my Mdx interview yet, got that this week, however Bucks staff are so welcoming and their test wasn't too bad at all, only thing was timing for the test was short so you have to be alert. They even offered me an unconditional offer the next day so just be yourself and be prepared for group discussion topics.
Reply 41
Original post by jkabz1
Hey, I have an assessment day next week for City any tips???

City tests were quite ok, literally revise on basic maths, e.g Fractions, multiplication, subtraction, BODMAS, decimals etc. You'll be fine. English was very basic essays and comprehension questions. Just make sure you read the questions properly. You'll have enough time for them.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by cazcar19
Hey!

I have also applied for PGDip Adult Nursing and have had a few tests and an interview so far!

LSBU: Test done, interview in March
City: Test done, interview next week
UWL: Test done, interview Thurs (Eek!)
Bucks: Tests and Interview TOMORROW!! (Ahh!)
King's: Tests and Interview done.

Passing all the Maths and English was pretty awesome. I am now playing a waiting game with King's as it's my fave choice and was my first and only interview so far. I passed LSBU so I think you'll have no trouble! :smile:. I only heard from City yesterday about my interview and did the tests 2 and a half weeks ago, I think they took the longest to get back to me at every step. No news is good news :smile:

Hello, How was the interview at City, LSBU and UWL. Any tips please ?
Can I ask what degrees you guys all have? I want to apply for mh nursing in Sept but my first degree is in English, and I have no science A levels, so wondering if I'd be better off applying for BSc..
Original post by ChancedTravels
Can I ask what degrees you guys all have? I want to apply for mh nursing in Sept but my first degree is in English, and I have no science A levels, so wondering if I'd be better off applying for BSc..

You will have to look at individual universities on what they need. Some require a 'relevant' subject to nursing, others don't :smile:
You will have to look at individual universities on what they need. Some require a 'relevant' subject to nursing, others don't :smile:

Most of the one's I'm interested in do say it doesn't matter, but I feel like I might be at a disadvantage still.. haha! Thanks.
Most of the one's I'm interested in do say it doesn't matter, but I feel like I might be at a disadvantage still.. haha! Thanks.

Have you done any previous healthcare experience? PGDips require you to have done normally at least 500hours of experience (apart from some which I think you can make up these hours at the end of the PGDip, City Uni for example lets you do this).

I did psychology as a degree and although it counts as a 'related' degree I don't think it's really prepared me for the 2yr PGDip instead of the 3yr BSc. I think it's my past healthcare experience that has prepared me more. The only thing your degree needs to prepare you for is that you already know how to write at degree level which any degree will be able to do.

I chose to do a PGDip purely because I wanted to study at the next level and not do another BSc.

Where are you thinking of studying?
Have you done any previous healthcare experience? PGDips require you to have done normally at least 500hours of experience (apart from some which I think you can make up these hours at the end of the PGDip, City Uni for example lets you do this).

I did psychology as a degree and although it counts as a 'related' degree I don't think it's really prepared me for the 2yr PGDip instead of the 3yr BSc. I think it's my past healthcare experience that has prepared me more. The only thing your degree needs to prepare you for is that you already know how to write at degree level which any degree will be able to do.

I chose to do a PGDip purely because I wanted to study at the next level and not do another BSc.

Where are you thinking of studying?

Only voluntary, and I don't know that it would add up to 500 hours tbh by September. I work in education and am about to start working in a school.

Want to apply to King's, LSBU, City and Greenwich (though Greenwich will probably reject me because I have no science).

Thinking BSc will be better, then. I thought both BSc and PGDip had the same number of placement hours, but if I'm mistaken I'll defo be better with more placement hours.
Only voluntary, and I don't know that it would add up to 500 hours tbh by September. I work in education and am about to start working in a school.

Want to apply to King's, LSBU, City and Greenwich (though Greenwich will probably reject me because I have no science).

Thinking BSc will be better, then. I thought both BSc and PGDip had the same number of placement hours, but if I'm mistaken I'll defo be better with more placement hours.

BSc and PGDip do have the same number of placement hours, the theory is just condensed down in such a way that it's 2years instead of 3. I applied to those unis except Greenwich so let me know if you have any questions about anything :smile:
BSc and PGDip do have the same number of placement hours, the theory is just condensed down in such a way that it's 2years instead of 3. I applied to those unis except Greenwich so let me know if you have any questions about anything :smile:

I'll probably end up applying to a couple for BSc and the PGDip to be honest. I spoke with city and they said I was eligible for the PGDip there, so I'll judge them individually..

Where are you hoping for? What healthcare experience did you have? How did you find the interviews? I'm so excited but generally terrified haha!
I'll probably end up applying to a couple for BSc and the PGDip to be honest. I spoke with city and they said I was eligible for the PGDip there, so I'll judge them individually..

Where are you hoping for? What healthcare experience did you have? How did you find the interviews? I'm so excited but generally terrified haha!

I had offers from four unis and now have King's as my firm and City as my insurance.

The interviews were obviously scary but once you've done a few I think it gets easier. My favourite was my first one at King's which is about five mini one to one interviews. But some are individual interviews with about 2-3 interviewers and a group interview (the group ones were less daunting than I thought they would be)

My previous healthcare experience was a year as a Support Worker.
I applied to City, Middlesex, and Greenwich for pgdip mental health nursing. Middlesex has invited me for a literacy/numeracy test
A friend who also applied to greenwich for the PGdip nursing said it was suspected they who ever chooses, only picked caucasians mostly, and had an insider who were told to block a particular applicant, I heard something similar from a whistleblower at LSBU.
Reply 53
Hi guys, can I ask what kind of questions are the scenario questions at middlessec?
Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending