The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Unsuccessful?!!?!

Hi guys, just wondering if you guys applied to Greenwich? For what course and when did you apply ? And did you get an offer...?

I applied for Adult nursing, they received my application just last week ... unfortunately they said my application was unsuccessful... I honestly think it's because I applied kinda late .

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just applied for business management yesterday.. Will let you know how that goes but I don't have the best academic record!
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
good luck! I heard a lot of courses are full now? thats why they arenr taking much people in .... like in nursing ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Joiceee08
good luck! I heard a lot of courses are full now? thats why they arenr taking much people in .... like in nursing ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no:/ making me nervous now haha!! They didn't say anything when I rang like two days ago? Hope it will be okay and good luck to you too:smile:
Reply 4
haha dont be nervous! I'm sure you dont have any skills exam before you get the interview .... coz thats what you need to do for NHS courses and teaching.

Just ace that interview !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
haha dont be nervous! I'm sure you dont have any skills exam before you get the interview .... coz thats what you need to do for NHS courses and teaching.

Just ace that interview !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just looked.. Also been rejected!:frown:
Reply 6
Original post by JoshM7
Just looked.. Also been rejected!:frown:

WHAT!? Really? sorry to hear that :frown:

Don't worry maybe Greenwich just wasn't meant to be? I know somebody who got all A's in their AS , but didn't manage to get in Greenwich...
You have 4 more unis though? What other unis did you apply to?
I recommend emailing Greenwich Uni as to why your application was unsuccessful, I emailed them 2 days ago and still waiting for a reply.
Reply 7
WHAT!? Really? sorry to hear that :frown:

Don't worry maybe Greenwich just wasn't meant to be? I know somebody who got all A's in their AS , but didn't manage to get in Greenwich...
You have 4 more unis though? What other unis did you apply to?
I recommend emailing Greenwich Uni as to why your application was unsuccessful, I emailed them 2 days ago and still waiting for a reply.

Yeah I suppose so!! Hopefully all goes well for us in the future anyway. I applied for Kingston, Portsmouth , Oxford Brookes and Bath Spa so I'm now really hoping I get a reply from one of them! I am so nervous now because of this. :frown:
I suppose il ring them and ask why I got rejected , I'm hoping it was full previously and the reason was because how late I applied;/
Where have you applied and have you heard anything else from your choices?
Reply 8
Original post by JoshM7
Yeah I suppose so!! Hopefully all goes well for us in the future anyway. I applied for Kingston, Portsmouth , Oxford Brookes and Bath Spa so I'm now really hoping I get a reply from one of them! I am so nervous now because of this. :frown:
I suppose il ring them and ask why I got rejected , I'm hoping it was full previously and the reason was because how late I applied;/
Where have you applied and have you heard anything else from your choices?

I'm pretty sure that is the reason why , hoping its the same reason for me too, that it was full.
Ermmm.... I applied to Kingston, City University , London South Bank and Middlesex Uni ...
Yesterday I got an email from Middlesex Uni asking me to do an English and Maths exam in like 2 weeks time ... eeeek gotta get cracking on the revision
Reply 9
I'm pretty sure that is the reason why , hoping its the same reason for me too, that it was full.
Ermmm.... I applied to Kingston, City University , London South Bank and Middlesex Uni ...
Yesterday I got an email from Middlesex Uni asking me to do an English and Maths exam in like 2 weeks time ... eeeek gotta get cracking on the revision
oh wow nice !! Good luck for that. How comes you have to take an exam?
Reply 10
ahh thanks .... oh its cause I'm applying for Adult Nursing (BSc) 😬 and to get an interview with the Unis you would have to pass maths and english exam for nursing first 😩
Reply 11
Oh I see!! Good luck!! Let me know how you do. need some advice though- decided I'm going to drop a choice for Middlesex so what do you think ?? Out of Portsmouth Oxford Brookes and bath spa :smile:?
Reply 12
errrmmm im not sure between them lol. Maybe bath spa? I dont know ... your future so you decide 😂
Reply 13
Original post by JoshM7
Oh I see!! Good luck!! Let me know how you do. need some advice though- decided I'm going to drop a choice for Middlesex so what do you think ?? Out of Portsmouth Oxford Brookes and bath spa :smile:?

... I guess if I were you , I'd look at the one with the lowest entry requirements maybe? That's why I chose Middlesex university , I'm currently doing BTEC level 3 Applied Medical Science, and to get into Nursing in Middlesex I need MMM, which is like B in A levels.But for other Unis like Greenwich I need DMM which is like AB in alevels.

So yhh.... but it is your choice, I didn't apply to any of those unis so I don't really know bout them sorry... I'd just advice you to maybe make a list of the positive and negative bout each uni and compare them? Then decide which one you will change?:smile:

But I do recommend Middlesex Uni, heard good stuff bout them. BTW how do you drop a choice and change it? Is it by Extra?
Reply 14
... I guess if I were you , I'd look at the one with the lowest entry requirements maybe? That's why I chose Middlesex university , I'm currently doing BTEC level 3 Applied Medical Science, and to get into Nursing in Middlesex I need MMM, which is like B in A levels.But for other Unis like Greenwich I need DMM which is like AB in alevels.

So yhh.... but it is your choice, I didn't apply to any of those unis so I don't really know bout them sorry... I'd just advice you to maybe make a list of the positive and negative bout each uni and compare them? Then decide which one you will change?:smile:

But I do recommend Middlesex Uni, heard good stuff bout them. BTW how do you drop a choice and change it? Is it by Extra?

Haha yeah great advice😊, I just need some direction lol, er you can replace a choice by going onto track and clicking view on a uni you haven't yet heard from, however it has to be less than one week since you applied:frown:
Reply 15
Original post by joiceee08
... I guess if i were you , i'd look at the one with the lowest entry requirements maybe? That's why i chose middlesex university , i'm currently doing btec level 3 applied medical science, and to get into nursing in middlesex i need mmm, which is like b in a levels.but for other unis like greenwich i need dmm which is like ab in alevels.

So yhh.... But it is your choice, i didn't apply to any of those unis so i don't really know bout them sorry... I'd just advice you to maybe make a list of the positive and negative bout each uni and compare them? Then decide which one you will change?:smile:

but i do recommend middlesex uni, heard good stuff bout them. Btw how do you drop a choice and change it? Is it by extra?

mmm = ccc
dmm = acc
Reply 16
ahhhh its been more than a week for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
thanks! got them confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I received an offer from Greenwich to study Nursing about 2 months ago!! I also do BTEC if that helps
Original post by yt7777
mmm = ccc
dmm = acc

I think this is wrong.

DDD=AAA
MMM=BBB
CCC=CCC

This is what I was told.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending