The Student Room Group

Absolutely worried I will fail my test :S

So I just came back from a driving lesson and for some bloody strange reason my driving standard has just dropped. I have my test in 2 weeks. I kept cutting corners today, I had issues with my clutch control, I stalled twice and I haven't done that since for ever. I also seem to be having issues getting to grips with my parallel park. Bay parking is perfect, reverse round a corner is alright. I have been learning in a car I bought as well which is totally different and I kind of regret learning in it as I only want to focus on the clutch control in my instructors car for now until I pass hopefully. Also my dad's not a very good driving partner as he's very unclear with directions and often does unnecessary things like pull the handbrake when I'm driving because he thinks I'm going to go into the car in front.... That type of thing completely throws me off. Clutch control I can fix quickly, however my turning right and positioning has gone down. I approach junctions too fast because I feel like I will stall if I slow down too much. Also, I think this was the wrong time to book my test as I've got a lot going on education wise the stress hasn't helped me. Any tips?
Reply 1
It's the stress of education and knowing your test is coming up that is throwing you off, it happened to me during exam season - my driving became terrible and i'd forgotten everything I learnt about manouvres. If you genuinely feel you wont improve by your test, ask your driving instuctor if you can either delay the test, or get more practise in before you do it.

What helped me was forgetting about everything stressful once I was inside the car because thinking about it won't help you. Good Luck!
Reply 2
Honestly just relax and it should all come together when the test is due. I thought my driving was getting bad when the test was close - the lesson before the test I nearly ran someone over, I couldn't parallel park, but I relaxed and passed!

So just relax and try be a little confident, it really helps :smile:
Good luck
Reply 3
If you fail, there's always another go.
I didn't get mine first time.
Reply 4
You'll be fine, I was exactly the same I even considered delaying my test but I passed with 3 minors. Just try and control your nerves is my advise and you'll be fine
Reply 5
It's probably just a combination of nerves and stress from your driving test and all the other things going on in your life. I was like that on the build up to my test and I even had a break down before my test in the driving test centre car park because the stress was too much for me. But honestly looking back at it now I think I was being too hard on myself and didn't need to be so nervous/stressed. You will be fine- just keep calm and don't panic. I know it is easier said than done but seriously don't get yourself into a mess because it won't help the situation. Getting stressed and worried will not do anything but cause your standard of driving to decrease- just keep calm and drive like you always have done. You can do it all- you have done it all before. It is just a case of doing it all on the day in front of the examiner.

Hope this helped:smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest