The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Accommodation for someone studying in Avenue Campus

Hi, guys. I'm studying in the Avenue Campus in September and have started looking at accommodation, what are the halls best for someone studying in Avenue? I'd like self catered.
Reply 1
Highfield halls, archers road and Wessex Lane would be best, you could probably go glen Eyre, possibly mayflower
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by er2929
Hi, guys. I'm studying in the Avenue Campus in September and have started looking at accommodation, what are the halls best for someone studying in Avenue? I'd like self catered.

Hey. I'm a current History Fresher at Soton and thought id give you a bit of a heads up. Anyone can study in Avenue, and have lectures there too although that it where all the humanities lecturers are. As a Historian, ive only had 1 seminar at Avenue this term, so dont worry about best accommodation for new avenue because as a fresher you get a free bus pass so nows the time to pick the accommodation which best suits your needs and worry less about the proximity to Avenue.

Any more questions dont be afraid to ask.

Samantha xx
I'd agree. I'm an English fresher and I live in Bencraft, I've never really had any problem getting to the campus. You have a bus pass and the busses run from like 6:30 to midnight, it's not an issue getting there at all. I've not heard anyone complain yet about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LumosNox
I'd agree. I'm an English fresher and I live in Bencraft, I've never really had any problem getting to the campus. You have a bus pass and the busses run from like 6:30 to midnight, it's not an issue getting there at all. I've not heard anyone complain yet about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What can you say about Bencraft and are the studio flats good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miss_samantha
Hey. I'm a current History Fresher at Soton and thought id give you a bit of a heads up. Anyone can study in Avenue, and have lectures there too although that it where all the humanities lecturers are. As a Historian, ive only had 1 seminar at Avenue this term, so dont worry about best accommodation for new avenue because as a fresher you get a free bus pass so nows the time to pick the accommodation which best suits your needs and worry less about the proximity to Avenue.

Any more questions dont be afraid to ask.

Samantha xx

Ah thanks for this!!! I applied for Modern History and Politics and was worrying I would be far from lectures, I chose Wessex Lane in the end. Not finding many people who are doing Modern History and Politics though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending