The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Would you recommend Reading university?

I have received an offer from Reading to study economics and finance and I am considering fiirming the offer. I would really appreciate any responses about the university and the surrounding area.
Thanks in Advanvce
Reply 1
Hi
I'm a first year at Reading and I would definitely recommend it, especially for a business or finance related degree because you would be studying in the ICMA which has 3 Reuters equipped trading rooms. The campus is great because it is really green and open yet everything is still within a 10 min walk from the furthest halls. The uni has recently built loads of new halls as well so the accommodation is probably some of the best in the UK.
The town is a bit plain, nothing especially interesting, lots of big chain shops and restaurants, but there are more than enough bars and clubs to satisfy anyone. The on campus students union club is also the biggest in Reading with around 3000 capacity. The SU also run loads of different societies so there is something for everyone to do. If you don't like the town its easy to get to London in 25 minutes by train.
Hope that helps.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending