The Student Room Group

Applying Slightly Late

Hello,

Due to payment complications my application was sent a bit late, e.g. 30 minutes. Everything else was completed on time. I did not expect this but it did not go smoothly as expected. Is this considered the same as all late applications sent by June? Will it be treated significantly differently by the universities or what can I expect?

Thanks for your help.
Reply 1
Original post by AQuestion1
Hello,

Due to payment complications my application was sent a bit late, e.g. 30 minutes. Everything else was completed on time. I did not expect this but it did not go smoothly as expected. Is this considered the same as all late applications sent by June? Will it be treated significantly differently by the universities or what can I expect?

Thanks for your help.

There's no such thing as "slightly late". You're either on time and eligible for equal consideration, or you're not. Since you made a late application, the unis you've applied to don't have to consider your application at all.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
There's no such thing as "slightly late". You're either on time and eligible for equal consideration, or you're not. Since you made a late application, the unis you've applied to don't have to consider your application at all.

Hi,

I applied 30 minutes after the deadline because of unforeseen circumstances, this was slightly late. Does this mean I would be considered with all the late applications sent by June?
Reply 3
Hi,

I applied 30 minutes after the deadline because of unforeseen circumstances, this was slightly late. Does this mean I would be considered with all the late applications sent by June?

You are a late application, so you will be treated as a late application. You are still kidding yourself and trying to persuade yourself that 30 minutes makes a difference - it doesn't. Take responsibility for the issue.

You won't be dealt with in June because that's not how late applications are done. You might be rejected straight away if the uni is strict and doesn't want any late applicants. You might have to wait until all other applications have been dealt with to see if any spaces are left (as a late applicant the standard reply deadlines won't apply to you). You might be lucky and be considered anyway, but unis have no obligation to do this.
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
You are a late application, so you will be treated as a late application. You are still kidding yourself and trying to persuade yourself that 30 minutes makes a difference - it doesn't. Take responsibility for the issue.

You won't be dealt with in June because that's not how late applications are done. You might be rejected straight away if the uni is strict and doesn't want any late applicants. You might have to wait until all other applications have been dealt with to see if any spaces are left (as a late applicant the standard reply deadlines won't apply to you). You might be lucky and be considered anyway, but unis have no obligation to do this.

How much later or when is it expected to receive replies if the application was slightly past the deadline?
Reply 5
How much later or when is it expected to receive replies if the application was slightly past the deadline?

Unis don't have to reply until 14th July, but that is ages away so you will probably find that you do get replies much earlier. The deadline for on time applications is 5th May, so if the unis do want to wait until they've decided on all other applicants first that means you might get a reply around that point.

The deadline for universities to decide if you miss the Jan 15th deadline is 14 July.

They'll usually get back to you much sooner though. If you haven't heard anything by end Feb phone up to ask for a rough time when they'll make a decision.
Reply 7
Unis don't have to reply until 14th July, but that is ages away so you will probably find that you do get replies much earlier. The deadline for on time applications is 5th May, so if the unis do want to wait until they've decided on all other applicants first that means you might get a reply around that point.[/QU

Ok thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending