The Student Room Group

Financial Economics in Rotterdam or Accounting and Finance in St. Gallen

Hi,
I consider both universities mentioned above:
Master in Financial Economics - Erasmus University
Master in Accounting and Finance - University of Saint Gallen

I read opinions,forums, Linkedin but could you give me any more information about these studies? I really do not know, which programme gives better opportunities.
In case of money I will get money from my parents and it is not a big burden.

I will be very very happy if you could help me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Wow, congratulations on admission to two eof the best Finance programmes in Europe. What is yr profile, academic interests and goals? Do you speak German in case you wish to work in German speaking region?
Reply 2
Thank you :wink: I'm from Poland. I am studying finance (top 1% GPA) and law (top 2% GPA). Internships in an insurance company, central bank and currently in FMCG corporation. All connected strictly with finance.
Unfortunately I do not speak German. After studies I would like to return to Poland (strategy consulting) or if possible IB in London ( but I know that it is rather unlikely).
what is your undegraduate?

Off the top of my head I would recommen St Gallen for being more acknowledged and the annual St Gallen symposium is great.

I have seen many people on linkedin go on to work for Goldman Sachs in London and New York and then it would put you in a great place to work in Switzerland in private banking and hedge funds.

I'm really interested in universities all around the world and I've never been enticed in anyway to look at Erasmus in Rotterdam but I have looked at St Gallen so I may be biased here but for me that would be enough.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Currently I am doing bachelor's degree in finance and master's degree in law.

Thank you for your advise.
Reply 5
Impressive profile, suitable qualifications for HSG/RSM. Pity you don't speak German as HSG is held in high esteem in the German speaking region and firms dig HSG grads. I think that for IB in London, HSG is target uni for recruiters particularly Swiss banks. I have seen HSG students on various career fairs (pre screened candidates). The two yr format allows you the opp of summer internship to ease into yr career.

You must have a jumbo GMAT, my I ask what is yr GMAT score. I recall that HSG's average is 700?
Reply 6
Those Master's does not require gmat. Unfortunately I didn't manage to prepare to pass gmat, because I really haven't had much time.
Reply 7
Sorry If I'm posting in the wrong thread, but what's the difference in studying Financial Economics at Erasmus School of Economics and Finance and Investments at RSM? To me, programs look somewhat similar. Financial economics looks more demanding/quantitative to me (which I prefer), and looks like it leaves options open for both work and academia afterwards (which I also prefer). But usually when comparing finance on Erasmus with other unis, people usually mention RSM. Is there any difference in employability afterwards? Why people chose one over the another?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending