The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL, Unit 5: Transition Metals and Organic Nitrogen Chemistry. 22-Jun-2016

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone plx tell me that if a reaction has a positive total entropy will it be feasible even if the activation energy is very high bcux ik Enthalpy does not determine spontaneity cux reactants can be kinetically very stable. Does the same apply to Total entropy???
Original post by All rounder
Can anyone plx tell me that if a reaction has a positive total entropy will it be feasible even if the activation energy is very high bcux ik Enthalpy does not determine spontaneity cux reactants can be kinetically very stable. Does the same apply to Total entropy???

It can be made feasible by changing the temperature or by lowering the activation energy otherwise it won't take place even if the total entropy is positive.
Reply 82
All the best guys for Unit 6 tomorrow!

Be sure to check the pastpapers.
Reply 83
Hii,

Does anybody know of a chemistry A2 group IAL. Im really looking forward to joining one .
Ty :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by dnac5
Hii,

Does anybody know of a chemistry A2 group IAL. Im really looking forward to joining one .
Ty :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4079863&page=10&p=64853927
Original post by All rounder

If s total is positive then the reaction is feasible/spontaneous, but sometimes the reaction will not occur even s total is positive since the activation energy is very high so we say that the reaction is kinetically inert.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! Is there any thread for Physics Unit 4 and Unit 5 for June 2016 Exams?
Does anyone understand why the answer to 10 a is B. I've got no clue.
Attachment not found
Original post by DonPedrodoc
Attachment not found

Can't see the image for some reason.. can you post it again pls?
Reply 89
Original post by DonPedrodoc
Attachment not found

The attachment is invalid so unable to view it

I answered 10 B at first, oops. :colonhash:

My Chem is a bit rusty now, but from what I've learnt, all aldehydes (except methanal) AND unsymmetric ketones form racemic mixtures as they form products with a chiral carbon.

B is the only symmetric ketone (C2H5 on either side of the C=O) and your final product would not have a chiral carbon and the mixture would not be racemic.
And if anyone's interested, I might make Unit 4 notes on some of the larger topics similar to the notes I've made for Unit 5. (I posted them earlier on this thread).:smile:
Original post by thymolphthalein
And if anyone's interested, I might make Unit 4 notes on some of the larger topics similar to the notes I've made for Unit 5. (I posted them earlier on this thread).:smile:

Yeah, that would be great!! And thank you :h:

Yes that would be helpful! Thank you! :smile:
Reply 95

Oh please, do that! That'd be SO KIND of you! :smile:
Reply 96
hey guys! if i'm retaking one module but get a lower grade than what I originally received, will my best score be counted or my last score?
Reply 97
Original post by baebae
hey guys! if i'm retaking one module but get a lower grade than what I originally received, will my best score be counted or my last score?

The best one!
Reply 98
Original post by baebae

The best score.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending