The Student Room Group

London Academy of Excellence

What is Lae like?
(edited 7 years ago)
I went to an open day the classes were quite small and the language teacher said that there is normally a class of around 10-15 for him. And yes they will kick people out if they get lower than CCC, that is how they keep their percentages high.

I applied to LAE, but I don't know if it is a better than Brampton Manor.
About the food, they allow students to leave and eat. I'm so sorry that I'm not much help. I talked to a student there (she's reliable enough. She went to my secondary school and is my classmate's older sister) and she said that although the students are very competitive, they're a good mix? Of course this is going to change in 2016 b/c of new students. I talked to everyone at the interviewing day and everyone seemed like decent people. About the prayer room thing, I heard that they allowed people now? During the open day, for the science subjects, they did say there were about 24 people per class.

I'm so sorry that I couldn't give more answers. I'm asking the same things you are haha
My friend and I are also looking to go to LAE but are in the same situation.. I guess we've all heard the same things on here but I have heard some good things too. If you look at the school based only on what they tell you (ie the website etc) it's sooo good with amazing results. Hopefully we will all come to a decision eventually.. Maybe we will be classmates next year 😌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending