The Student Room Group

Structure of a 25 mark!

I want a brief answer please! My teacher said we should be one sided towards the 25 mark question... For example 'to what extent do pressure groups promote political participation' she said answer the question by siding with e.g 4 fors and 1 against. Or 4 againsts and 1 for. However i heard 3/4 fors and 3/4 againsts is correct as it should be balanced? Or try to balance as much as you can...? How should it be done? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
This is the format my teacher suggested.
> Introduction

> 3 arguments against**
> 3 arguments for**

> conclusion (stating your own opinion too)

**Make sure you remember to always link your points back to the main question.
Original post by aamirac
This is the format my teacher suggested.
> Introduction

> 3 arguments against**
> 3 arguments for**

> conclusion (stating your own opinion too)

**Make sure you remember to always link your points back to the main question.

This. I've only done politics at A level, but I was always told to have a balanced argument that considers both viewpoints. Having 4 for and 1 against will cost you marks, even if the content is sound.
Reply 3
Original post by WiseApple
This. I've only done politics at A level, but I was always told to have a balanced argument that considers both viewpoints. Having 4 for and 1 against will cost you marks, even if the content is sound.

My teacher said she'll deduct points because i gave a balanced argument o_o, she said you need to answer the question...? Confused a bit arghh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Foji
My teacher said she'll deduct points because i gave a balanced argument o_o, she said you need to answer the question...? Confused a bit arghh

Posted from TSR Mobile

No not necessarily. It's under the AO3 marks that are awarded within the mark schemes, states that there should be an " ...ability to construct and communicate coherent arguments...".

Therefore, to do this in the best possible way, provide a balanced essay.
Did you add a conclusion? 25 markers also need your opinion on the topic in question.
Answer the question in a conclusion after giving balanced views

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please note: In A-level politics, it is not always about giving a balanced argument.

To what extent - try to balance

Assess the view - I would usually wait it 3:2 points weighting

(I think I have that the right way around)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending