The Student Room Group

New edexcel alevel history - Democracies in Change

Scroll to see replies

@Amberlouiselowe

Britain was;
1) Was the increase in franchise the main reason for changing party fortunes 1918?-1931?
2) Was cost the main challenge faced by the goverment in relation to welfare reforms 1954-1979 ? (Not sure about the dates etc)
3) How far did the position of women change 1918-1945? (Phrased a bit differently though)
4) I can't remember this one, but I know it was about youth culture & popular culture.
5) To what extent did the Thatcher governments economic policies have a disastrous impact on the people of Britain?

and then it depends on what USA section 😊
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Unwrittenstars
@Amberlouiselowe

Britain was;
1) Was the increase in franchise the main reason for changing party fortunes 1918?-1931?
2) Was cost the main challenge faced by the goverment in relation to welfare reforms 1954-1979 ? (Not sure about the dates etc)
3) How far did the position of women change 1918-1945? (Phrased a bit differently though)
4) I can't remember this one, but I know it was about youth culture & popular culture.
5) To what extent did the Thatcher governments economic policies have a disastrous impact on the people of Britain?

does anybody have any rough ideas on what the USA questions were?
@Amberlouiselowe

Britain was;

For question 2 what did you put as the two arguments?!
PLEASE ANSWER, HAVE EXAM TOMORROW
THANKS
So how did everyone do? Forgot to ask:smile:

I got a B!! A few marks off an A which was annoying. We're doing The British Experience of Warfare this year which is so boring. Even our teachers are finding it dull as it got chosen for us!!!
Original post by ellefrancessa
I got a B!! A few marks off an A which was annoying. We're doing The British Experience of Warfare this year which is so boring. Even our teachers are finding it dull as it got chosen for us!!!

Ahh well done!! We're doing Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors... :smile:

1 mark off a B! Pretty frustrating but wasn't expecting too much more - reckon Thatcher was my Achilles heel. Dropped History for this year which I'm kinda gutted about but still well worth the year studying it

How did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Ahh well done!! We're doing Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors... :smile:

Sounds so much better! How did you do? Xx
Original post by hogree
1 mark off a B! Pretty frustrating but wasn't expecting too much more - reckon Thatcher was my Achilles heel. Dropped History for this year which I'm kinda gutted about but still well worth the year studying it

How did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yes! well done though! :')

Original post by ellefrancessa
Sounds so much better! How did you do? Xx

I got a D unfortunately which all my teachers were so surprised about:/ Apparently I got basically a B in Britain but America brought it right down...
Ah yes! well done though! :')

I got a D unfortunately which all my teachers were so surprised about:/ Apparently I got basically a B in Britain but America brought it right down...

Aww that must be gutting :frown: Hope you smash it this year; at least you've got some fun new material to learn - my school's just doing Britain & America again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hogree
Aww that must be gutting :frown: Hope you smash it this year; at least you've got some fun new material to learn - my school's just doing Britain & America again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh yeah it was probably that trade unions question mainly that threw me off the whole paper tbh!!

We sti have to do the stuff from last year but with Tudors on top :smile:
I realise this is a thread from a while ago but do you mind me having these documents too?
Just wondering, does anyone have any revision resources or essay plans for the 'rebellion & disorder under the Tudors' topic? Thank you
Original post by 100rosie100
Just wondering, does anyone have any revision resources or essay plans for the 'rebellion & disorder under the Tudors' topic? Thank you

I'm doing this!! I have some essay plans but they're mostly just the information you'd put in them and a critieria of judgement!
I'm doing this!! I have some essay plans but they're mostly just the information you'd put in them and a critieria of judgement!

Oh that sounds fab! Please could you send me a copy of them. Thank you
Original post by 100rosie100
Oh that sounds fab! Please could you send me a copy of them. Thank you

I shall do tomorrow once I can get them as they're in my locker at school :smile:
I shall do tomorrow once I can get them as they're in my locker at school :smile:

Perfect, thank you so much :h:
Hi I'm a year 12 student studying history! I want to ask for some advice on how to memorise all the factual information from the textbook because there is so much!! 😊
Just thought I'd join this thread! (despite it being v old haha).

How are people approaching the USA paper? We had teaching issues last year, so we only ever got two pieces of work marked and didn't really get taught anything...needless to say, I did pretty terribly on the USA mock!

I've gone through and made notes on everything, though I seem to have missed out quite a bit/it hasn't sunk in etc. Does anybody know of any resources for the USA side and/or answering source questions? I got A* in the British essays, but F in the USA sources :colondollar:

P.s. I have a blog with essays from the British side of the course! They're all A* essays (I love the GB essay side lol), so I hope they help some of you!!

Anything for the USA would be a huge help - thanks in advance! :smile:
Original post by Lauren-x-
Just thought I'd join this thread! (despite it being v old haha).

How are people approaching the USA paper? We had teaching issues last year, so we only ever got two pieces of work marked and didn't really get taught anything...needless to say, I did pretty terribly on the USA mock!

I've gone through and made notes on everything, though I seem to have missed out quite a bit/it hasn't sunk in etc. Does anybody know of any resources for the USA side and/or answering source questions? I got A* in the British essays, but F in the USA sources :colondollar:

P.s. I have a blog with essays from the British side of the course! They're all A* essays (I love the GB essay side lol), so I hope they help some of you!!

Anything for the USA would be a huge help - thanks in advance! :smile:

Hi, firstly your blog is a LIFESAVER! I have been desperate to find exemplar essays, because I struggle most on structure, so thanks for that.

I have an almost complete 'revision guide' to the America section, conformity and challenge 1955-92. It basically just goes through the notes roughly. doesn't have much for questions, sources, or exam techniques but I find it a useful revision guide for content. It's structured according to the syllabus but there are a couple of sections missing.

Me and my friend did it between us and its kind of still in note form, so sorry if any of it is not useful. also we had technical issues and its in PDF form so non-editable.. but oh well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending