The Student Room Group

New Years Transformation Competition discussion

Scroll to see replies

Have eaten fairly well today!

Actually ate breakfast, had some pasta for lunch and homemade chicken curry for dinner! Frozen the leftovers so I wont be tempted by takeaways as much.

I did buy a few bars of chocolate, and various hot chocolate sachets also... but I haven't eaten any of them - I'm trying to let myself buy things as long as I take my time eating them and make them last :smile:
So for me:

I haven't got a scale in my house and purposely won't get one as I got really obsesed when I had one last. So I will weigh myself when I go home in a couple weeks and see if I've actually gone down on the scale :afraid:

Until then, I'm training hard, eating better and overall feeling like I have more energy! :h:
I have my first hula hoop bruise, I'll wear it with honour!
Original post by Slowbro93
So for me:

I haven't got a scale in my house and purposely won't get one as I got really obsessed when I had one last. So I will weigh myself when I go home in a couple weeks and see if I've actually gone down on the scale :afraid:

Until then, I'm training hard, eating better and overall feeling like I have more energy! :h:

Good idea. I weigh myself 1 to a few times a day. I should never have bought scales.

Glad you feel you've more energy.
(edited 8 years ago)
I can already feel the excuses "Kvothe, you have dance and a fitness session this week, there's no need for the gym". I need to ignore the thoughts and just go in.
You should weigh yourself once in the morning; post going to the toilet, naked, pre breakfast. Any other time is unreliable AF
Original post by Angry cucumber
You should weigh yourself once in the morning; post going to the toilet, naked, pre breakfast. Any other time is unreliable AF

Think my housemates would be surprised if they discovered me - willy dangling - in the kitchen, weighing myself.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Think my housemates would be surprised if they discovered me - willy dangling - in the kitchen, weighing myself.

your bedroom or bathroom is just fine :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
your bedroom or bathroom is just fine

T'was joking. Though probs bathroom as bedroom is carpeted.
T'was joking. Though probs bathroom as bedroom is carpeted.

There is now a :tongue:

I knew you were joking :tongue:

So true! :tongue:
[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;62118457]You should weigh yourself once in the morning; post going to the toilet, naked, pre breakfast. Any other time is unreliable AF

Why anyone would not do that is beyond me...
I'm a good 2kg heavier during the day when compared with first thing.

Still get large fluctuations hence why i'm waiting a week to then weigh myself and get a better idea of how my weight is progressing.

Anyone else getting screwed over by 're-freshers'?
Managed to resist going out last night but i'm out again tonight so that's another day way above my 250 calorie surplus... Ffs
Original post by Unistudent77

Still get large fluctuations hence why i'm waiting a week to then weigh myself and get a better idea of how my weight is progressing.

Managed to resist going out last night but i'm out again tonight so that's another day way above my 250 calorie surplus... Ffs

Easy to be obsessive with these things. I get a lot of fluctuations too :/.

Refreshers? Oh, no. I'm not a student.

You don't have to say yes. :biggrin:

If your worried about calories - spirit and a diet/ zero calorie mixer.
[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;62119893]You don't have to say yes. :biggrin:

Hmm... I kinda do :tongue:

Yeah, fair shout. That's what i've been doing. I usually get protein in and eat under calorie target so when i drink i have a buffer of calories. Probably should get diet coke tonight, decent shout!

Tbh, in the grand scheme of things it isn't a big deal. I'll be back to one night out a week hereafter which isn't too bad.

Not going to win me this competition though! :colonhash:
Easy to be obsessive with these things. I get a lot of fluctuations too :/.

Refreshers? Oh, no. I'm not a student.

True.
You're lucky then!

Not going to win me this competition though! :colonhash:

Neither am I obviously, though I hope to finish it this time. I say obviously not to be emo but simply because I'm too fat for any difference in weight to be noticeable unless it's rather large. I've lost 2kg and it barely seems apparent and yet the same weight on someone else is really obvious.

True.
You're lucky then!

I guess :tongue:.
[QUOTE=Kvothe the arcane;62120559]Neither am I obviously, though I hope to finish it this time. I say obviously not to be emo but simply because I'm too fat for any difference in weight to be noticeable unless it's rather large. I've lost 2kg and it barely seems apparent and yet the same weight on someone else is really obvious.

I guess :tongue:.

I get what you mean but i reckon yourweight loss could be quite noticeable in a further 8/9 weeks.

I've changed my mind. If the gym is quiet (unlikely) then i'll just do a billion lat pull down sets and get myself pumped to hell and then take my top off.
Will look HUGE! :wink:

But nah, it's all about the long-term goals mate.
[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;62119893]You don't have to say yes. :biggrin:

Are all gains lost when your out drinking?
I mean i get that the body has to deal with the alcohol first but surely you still make some gains.... (Is this wishful thinking?)
Are all gains lost when your out drinking?
I mean i get that the body has to deal with the alcohol first but surely you still make some gains.... (Is this wishful thinking?)

It's the hangover, not eating will lose gains, the dehydration and the lack of half decent sleep.

It won't stop your progress dead bit certainly will slow it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest