The Student Room Group

New Years Transformation Competition discussion

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;62123885]It's the hangover, not eating will lose gains, the dehydration and the lack of half decent sleep.

It won't stop your progress dead bit certainly will slow it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see, cheers for the reply.
I always eat tbh the next day (just a touch later)...
Sleep is a killer.

Fair enough, all depends on how drunk etc i suppose. A risk i'm willing to take :biggrin:
First gym session completed today and going again on Thrusday!
Original post by Slowbro93
So for me:

I haven't got a scale in my house and purposely won't get one as I got really obsesed when I had one last. So I will weigh myself when I go home in a couple weeks and see if I've actually gone down on the scale :afraid:

Until then, I'm training hard, eating better and overall feeling like I have more energy! :h:

Don't get one! I'm obsessed with mine when I know I shouldn't be.
I like my fiancés trick of measuring weight loss by going down belt holes.
Original post by LadySmythe

It does become an issue when you haven't got any more holes to go down :tongue: Should probably buy a smaller belt :tongue:
It does become an issue when you haven't got any more holes to go down :tongue: Should probably buy a smaller belt :tongue:

That's a good sign though! Yes you probably should do that. That's what I've been doing when he's wearing the belt on the last hole
That's a good sign though! Yes you probably should do that. That's what I've been doing when he's wearing the belt on the last hole

:ahee:

I use the "clothes are fitting looser" method too, and I'm quite glad that I don't have a scale in my house although I'm tempted to use the uni one though :afraid: Will probably use it towards the end of the month :smile:
Original post by Angry cucumber

Not sure how weird this is but I'm usually lightest in the evening. This morning I weighed as 104kg and when I got home, 101.8kg.

:ahee:

I use the "clothes are fitting looser" method too, and I'm quite glad that I don't have a scale in my house although I'm tempted to use the uni one though :afraid: Will probably use it towards the end of the month :smile:

This! Had to get smaller belt a couple weeks ago. It's so satisfying. Been awhile since my "I can't buy clothes at Topman, AMA" days :h:.

Do you find your poc relatives try to stuff soul food down your throat when you visit?

Original post by chocciemilkshake
First gym session completed today and going again on Thrusday!

Grats chick.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Not sure how weird this is but I'm usually lightest in the evening. This morning I weighed as 104kg and when I got home, 101.8kg.

This! Had to get smaller belt a couple weeks ago. It's so satisfying. Been awhile since my "I can't buy clothes at Topman, AMA" days :h:.

Do you find your poc relatives try to stuff soul food down your throat when you visit?

Grats chick.

Why of course, but I love my soul food :ahee: The thing is that I was losing weight without even realising when I moved to Leeds (as I had to cut down on wheat products as it was making me feel ill, which meant less carbs). That, the country air (compared to London!) and the fact that Leeds is mainly hills meant that I feel better than ever before! :biggrin:

I don't expect to win the overall contest, but I would like to meet some fitness goals :h:
7 days into 'cut'.....Will post a picture in a bit :biggrin: Can see an ab almost.
Why of course, but I love my soul food :ahee: The thing is that I was losing weight without even realising when I moved to Leeds (as I had to cut down on wheat products as it was making me feel ill, which meant less carbs). That, the country air (compared to London!) and the fact that Leeds is mainly hills meant that I feel better than ever before! :biggrin:

I don't expect to win the overall contest, but I would like to meet some fitness goals :h:

There was a period of time when I was really nostalgic for carribean food so I was making constant JustEat orders. Jerk chicken and rice isn't that bad but the trouble is to make the minimum order I was getting a few pounds of fried plantain and dumpling... Not good.

Yea, the appalling transport of the north also will do that to you :P. Hey, maybe you will win! You never know :smile:

Original post by HappyLifting
7 days into 'cut'.....Will post a picture in a bit :biggrin: Can see an ab almost.

Can't wait to see :wink:
There was a period of time when I was really nostalgic for carribean food so I was making constant JustEat orders. Jerk chicken and rice isn't that bad but the trouble is to make the minimum order I was getting a few pounds of fried plantain and dumpling... Not good.

Yea, the appalling transport of the north also will do that to you :P. Hey, maybe you will win! You never know :smile:

For me, when I entered back in 2013 it was because Motorbiker told me I had nothing to lose and I won that year :tongue: I have a groundfighting comp in the end of Feb and a grading beginning of March so I'm trying to get even fitter for that :yep: At the moment though, my joints are really hurting so that doesn't help :sad:

Soul good is amazing! Which didn't help when I watched this:

I also find that because I moved out of the home, I'm drinking more water and less juice :yep: I'm also finding that because I bring my lunch in to , it does help :smile: That said, I do still have the pint or 3 :wink:

You aren't vegan...are you?

Good luck with your grading :smile:. My abs hurt lol from yesterday lol. I've never been this sore. Glad I didn't stick around to be hit.
You aren't vegan...are you?

Good luck with your grading :smile:. My abs hurt lol from yesterday lol. I've never been this sore. Glad I didn't stick around to be hit.

Oh, defo not :tongue: I have a wheat intolerance, so whilst I can have a little, I find that my stomach really relapses on me if I have too much :frown:

And thanks! Hopefully I'll pass this time :lol: And abs may hurt, but it's good pain :ahee:
Reply 53
vegan=healthy annoys me but I think I need to make BBQ tofu and corn bread now

IMG_3307.jpg

So yeah.....Added a filter because im pale as fuarkkk and currently using sunbeds so will hopefully look as tanned as that in a few weeks time :biggrin:
Original post by HappyLifting
IMG_3307.jpg

So yeah.....Added a filter because im pale as fuarkkk and currently using sunbeds so will hopefully look as tanned as that in a few weeks time :biggrin:

:hubba:

Skin Cancer man
:hubba:

Skin Cancer man

ahhh well
[QUOTE=Kvothe the arcane;62134885]:hubba:

Skin Cancer man

Wow, there is nothing wrong with a bit of casual sunbed usep:tongue:
Original post by Unistudent77
Wow, there is nothing wrong with a bit of casual sunbed usep:tongue:

Sizzle sizzle sizzle

Me too! IHowever I only take my weight as what I way on a Thursday morning and then I text my mum whether I have lost or gained lol

Quick Reply