The Student Room Group

New Years Transformation Competition discussion

Scroll to see replies

I'm so excited I'm trying a new recipe, low fat spinach and artichoke dip with garlic carrots to dip into it :biggrin:
0.6kg (1.3lbs roughly) gain on last week which is fine. Aiming for 0.5-0.75lb gain per week but considering all the drinking i'm happy with that.

A round of golf has earned me a Saturday night takeaway, happy days :smile:
Went over calories yesterday, but still in a deficit.
Deficit good today despite a pizza express and flapjack

Lifts going up and knee sorted. Success

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Went over calories yesterday, but still in a deficit.
Deficit good today despite a pizza express and flapjack

Lifts going up and knee sorted. Success

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to hear about the knee! :h:
Back at the gym today! I wasn't going to go because I went to Nandos, but either way I was going to Nando's so I might as well try to limit the damage.
Reply 85
I've gone rather ITFYM, there's been beer (dry Jan fail) and chocolate but kept it 2500-2600 and 5 a day (though I normally aim for more). I'm considering swapping peanut butter for a peppermint cream for tea cause then I'll have finished them and the temptation will be gone so it's for my own good really

I'm also sleeping really well, like better than I can ever remember and it's amazing. Today I even woke up before my alarm. I got a new technique for falling asleep and I've still got to get better at getting my arse in bed but when I sleep well I feel so much better mentally, probably will feel it physically too if I stick at it a bit.
(edited 8 years ago)
Good start to the week. More likely than not that i will not be going out drinking this week so that's a plus for my body. Trying to get a bit if cardio in as well as the gym. Consistently eating over 3,000 calories is v enjoyable :h:
Original post by Unistudent77
Good start to the week. More likely than not that i will not be going out drinking this week so that's a plus for my body. Trying to get a bit if cardio in as well as the gym. Consistently eating over 3,000 calories is v enjoyable :h:

Well done! Increasing my calorie intake is the biggest obstacle for me so congrats on getting that down, what are you finding is great to eat to boost calories?
So I'll be weighing myself in a week and a bit. Let's see if I need to up my game!
Gained weight :nothing:
[QUOTE=Queen Cersei;62299721]Well done! Increasing my calorie intake is the biggest obstacle for me so congrats on getting that down, what are you finding is great to eat to boost calories?

Well i think i posted in your thread before. Milk is my go to food item. Cheap, high in calories and pretty good for you.

I eat a lot of pasta or rice etc for dinner (as money is tight). I buy a lot of red meat for lunch and dinner. Some cereal for breakfast plus some bits of fruit around meal times.
I could genuinely eat more.
I reckon you just aren't used to it, your appetite will grow of you keep it up for say 4/5 days (that's what i found anyway). Same token for cutting, hard for a week but thereafter it becomes easier, not great, but easier :smile:
Mid afternoon swim. Das it

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;62300981]Mid afternoon swim. Das it

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you work '9-5 Everrrrrry day' ..... If i remember correctly :tongue:
Next joke!

Is it bad that i finished 6 litres of milk last week? Haha (doesn't include the weekend, could easily add another couple pints as a minimum)

I have thus far finished 3 liters (so one 2 litre cartoon - 3.5 pints roughly - and i'm halfway through my second) since Monday morning. On track for finishing this one and finishing another by end of friday...

Milk is life. Between myself and another guy we finished 12 litres of milk in 5 days... We do this every week pretty much. Both brought up on a farm so it's like a religion. Milkism is my favourite ideology.
(edited 8 years ago)
Half day Wednesday innit

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;62303037]Half day Wednesday innit

Posted from TSR Mobile

You lied to me Cucumber.... (Shakes head, swigs some milk to drown my sorrows :tongue:)
You lied to me Cucumber.... (Shakes head, swigs some milk to drown my sorrows :tongue:)

What type of farm you from?
[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;62304343]What type of farm you from?

Well i'm not a farmer.
The house in which i was born into was a huge farm house. We had horses and the farmer who owned all the other fields had Cows, Sheep and (strangely) Ostiches etc.

We had 5 orphan lambs which i bottle fed when i was like 4/5. Then foot and mouth happened. Didn't even get some lamb chops out of it :tongue:

Where i've been for the last 7 years was the house for the old milking parlour of another farm (other side of town). We have about 10 acres for the horses and i have dogs etc but i'm not a farmer. Like i take the quad bike up to the nearer farm and help with the milking over summer, i plough our fields with our tractor etc etc. Not a farmer though.

My flatmate has a dairy farm, cravendale is who he 'supplies'. So we always have two blue cravendale milk cartoons in the fridge at all times.

I'm guessing you ask because you are training to be a vet?
I hate when you get some vet who is academic but is shaking when about to inject the horses, like get a ****ing grip mate, i've got them by the headcollar just get on with it.
Same with the dogs, my dogs are pettrified of the vets but some of the people aren't much better.
We have two really good vets but one is almost retired now and another is often unavaliable so it's becoming an issue...
(edited 8 years ago)
Well i'm not a farmer.
The house in which i was born into was a huge farm house. We had horses and the farmer who owned all the other fields had Cows, Sheep and (strangely) Ostiches etc.

We had 5 orphan lambs which i bottle fed when i was like 4/5. Then foot and mouth happened. Didn't even get some lamb chops out of it :tongue:

Where i've been for the last 7 years was the house for the old milking parlour of another farm (other side of town). We have about 10 acres for the horses and i have dogs etc but i'm not a farmer. Like i take the quad bike up to the nearer farm and help with the milking over summer, i plough our fields with our tractor etc etc. Not a farmer though.

My flatmate has a dairy farm, cravendale is who he 'supplies'. So we always have two blue cravendale milk cartoons in the fridge at all times.

I'm guessing you ask because you are training to be a vet?
I hate when you get some vet who is academic but is shaking when about to inject the horses, like get a ****ing grip mate, i've got them by the headcollar just get on with it.
Same with the dogs, my dogs are pettrified of the vets but some of the people aren't much better.
We have two really good vets but one is almost retired now and another is often unavaliable so it's becoming an issue...

I come from a similar background - not a farmer, done a bit of smallholding, bred chickens a bit when I was younger. Also kept some pigs for the freezer, most recently as October. Grew up milking cows in my holidays

I'm not going bad mouth another vet :tongue: Give us some slack, equine veterinary is the highest injury rate of any job in the country and magnitude of injury is up to death; so that vet may well have taken a hell of a kick; I've narrowly avoided being trampled by a rearing horse I was injecting. So there's that. Obviously there are variations in the quality of vets out there; but honestly most I've seen practice are perfectly decent. A lot of the general public take a disliking to individual vets for absolutely daft reasons half the time; often pricing - a side effect of people having the luxury of the NHS

Well I qualify in 18 months, let me know if you want to be my client :wink: haha :tongue:
[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;62305111]I come from a similar background - not a farmer, done a bit of smallholding, bred chickens a bit when I was younger. Also kept some pigs for the freezer, most recently as October. Grew up milking cows in my holidays

I'm not going bad mouth another vet :tongue: Give us some slack, equine veterinary is the highest injury rate of any job in the country and magnitude of injury is up to death; so that vet may well have taken a hell of a kick; I've narrowly avoided being trampled by a rearing horse I was injecting. So there's that. Obviously there are variations in the quality of vets out there; but honestly most I've seen practice are perfectly decent. A lot of the general public take a disliking to individual vets for absolutely daft reasons half the time; often pricing - a side effect of people having the luxury of the NHS

Well I qualify in 18 months, let me know if you want to be my client :wink: haha :tongue:

Cool cool :smile:
Being part-time farmers is where it is at :tongue:

Fair enough... Most vets are fine tbh. True but if your profession is dealing with animals then you need to be prepared to deal with animals imo.

Usually my main gripe is they overdo the sedative so my 500 kg horse (that's my small one, my main boy will
be 700-750kg) is properly wobbling due to the sedative, like out for the count basically and i'm having to hold it's head up and stop it keeling over.
I realise they err on the side of caution but still annoying.

At the end of the day, if you are scared of animals don't work with them.
I've been crushed by a 750kg horse (one we were bringing on to sell), both my horses rear right up and whip round instantly (pros had her before me and described her as 'sharp':wink: etc etc. Man the **** up and get back on/find a vein or give it a whack.

They are pricey but we'll happily pay as long as they are punctual and provide decent care.

Haha, i genuinely would but you are based in the SW of England are you not? I'm SW Scotland bro :frown:

Bought my most recent horse from Taunton so perhaps nearish to you (relatively speaking?)

An easy 3hr 30 drive.... At 70mph of course :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Cool cool :smile:
Being part-time farmers is where it is at :tongue:

Fair enough... Most vets are fine tbh. True but if your profession is dealing with animals then you need to be prepared to deal with animals imo.

Usually my main gripe is they overdo the sedative so my 500 kg horse (that's my small one, my main boy will
be 700-750kg) is properly wobbling due to the sedative, like out for the count basically and i'm having to hold it's head up and stop it keeling over.
I realise they err on the side of caution but still annoying.

At the end of the day, if you are scared of animals don't work with them.
I've been crushed by a 750kg horse (one we were bringing on to sell), both my horses rear right up and whip round instantly (pros had her before me and described her as 'sharp':wink: etc etc. Man the **** up and get back on/find a vein or give it a whack.

They are pricey but we'll happily pay as long as they are punctual and provide decent care.

Haha, i genuinely would but you are based in the SW of England are you not? I'm SW Scotland bro :frown:

Bought my most recent horse from Taunton so perhaps nearish to you (relatively speaking?)

An easy 3hr 30 drive.... At 70mph of course :wink:

I'm guessing the 500kg is a cobb or pony type thing? Yeah unfotunately we tend to give them a sniff of sedative and they're flat out. It's pretty normal; I've had to do the whole head lift thing

Taunton isn't far from home. I don't mind where I get my first job lol; I'll be taking the first one I'm offered :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest