The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU holding exams in tents to save money.

Wow ! Free ear plugs !!!!

Manchester Metropolitan University students have been given earplugs to drown out traffic noise in the marquee at the City of Manchester stadium. Students said they only found out about the arrangements when they arrived at the stadium at Alan Turin Way - home to Manchester City Football Club. A 23-year-old business IT student, said undergraduates were left "stunned and disgusted" when they discovered the exam room set up.

The university building usually used for examinations is now home to an "incubation centre" for small businesses. Professor Morris said the cost of maintaining the building just for exams was "disproportionately large".

MMU student: "I was sat on the far left hand side of the tent. Myself and other students were constantly distracted by the rattling noisy tent, the constant traffic noise and having to listen to people's conversations as they walked past. "It's disgusting to think that a university with millions of pounds at its disposal as well as countless massive buildings located all over the city has had to resort to this. This is our last chance to help make a better future for ourselves, we have been dramatically failed by a public body that is meant to aid us"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6605257.stm
Reply 1
haha, a few of my friends have exams there - they think they are going in conference rooms. They are in for a treat
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
That is terrible! i'm glad i'm not doing business, poor students
Yes i know, its quite disgraceful. My poor brother had to do his accountancy exams in a tent aswell.
Reply 4
Make sure if you know any business students to let them know all their exams will be in John Dalton from the 8th May... Same timetable just different location! An email was sent round yesterday! Looks like the uni do take notice every now and again!
Driving-Miss-Janey
Make sure if you know any business students to let them know all their exams will be in John Dalton from the 8th May... Same timetable just different location! An email was sent round yesterday! Looks like the uni do take notice every now and again!

Yeah I letter was sent to my brother informing him that the business exams are now taking place in the john Dalton building due to the complaints made by the students about the noise, which took place during the exams in the tents.
Reply 6
Thats bloody nuts
Reply 7
the exams dont look like they are in a better place now. just in the hallway in JD
Reply 8
it makes no sense, theres plenty of empty rooms at Elizabeth Gaskell and Didsbury? hmmm

Latest

Trending

Trending