The Student Room Group

Help I've lost my original copy

Guys do u think universities will accept my requirements eventhough its not the original copy?
Original post by baemaxx
Guys do u think universities will accept my requirements eventhough its not the original copy?

Hi there. Saw this on an unanswered thread board an thought I could help from a university perspective. Sorry but the answer is no - we will want to see the original copy of your results. It may not be initially (so your UCAS form is the initial submission) but before an offer is confirmed fully or you are allowed to enrol, you will have to show the results copy.

I would advise getting another copy, depends what results you are referring to as to where you would go to get them. If it's from school/college, get in touch with them. You may be charged a small reprint fee. But you'll need to keep that second copy super safe!

Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Reply 2
Original post by baemaxx

You will need the originals to show them. You should be able to pay a fee to get it.
Reply 3
Thank you so much, your info helps a lot, I will definitely contact the awarding bodies to ask for another original copy. xx
Reply 4
Thank you! xx
Reply 5
I applied for new certificates before xmas, and they still haven't come yet so expect to wait!
Reply 6
Do you mind if I ask, how much the fee for the new one's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by baemaxx
Do you mind if I ask, how much the fee for the new one's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For AQA it is £37 and it will take 28 days working days to send out and there is no fast track service. You won't get a certificate just a statement of your results.

Lost certificates

If we hold your results, we are able to provide two types of document:

Certified Statement of Results used to replace a lost certificate
Confirmation letter to a third party eg universities or employers
We are unable to confirm if we hold your results without conducting a full search. The fee for this service is £37 and is non-refundable.

Read this for Edexcel
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/Services/replacement-certificates.html

Read this for OCR
http://www.ocr.org.uk/ocr-for/learners-and-parents/lost-or-incorrect-certificates/

Quick Reply

Latest