The Student Room Group

Strathclyde pharmacy 2016

I've not seen a thread just for Strathclyde so i though it would be a bit easier. Anyone received an offer yet???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya, I applied but haven't heard back either.
Where else have you applied?
Reply 2
RGU & Strathclyde - pharmacy
Edinburgh, Strathclyde & aberdeen -biomedical science.

What about you?
Reply 3
Original post by Phbio
RGU & Strathclyde - pharmacy
Edinburgh, Strathclyde & aberdeen -biomedical science.

What about you?

Good choices :biggrin:

Strathclyde and RGU as well for pharmacy and
Biomedical Sciences at Dundee.

Have you heard back from RGU? I have heard that many people have got unconditionals from there and I sent mine more than 3 months ago :frown:
Reply 4
I got an unconditional from RGU before Christmas. I sent mine away at the start of November. What grades did u get last year?
Reply 5
Original post by Phbio
I got an unconditional from RGU before Christmas. I sent mine away at the start of November. What grades did u get last year?

Congrats, I got AAABB. What about you?
Reply 6
I got AABBC so you will definitely get an offer
Reply 7
Hopefully, but I don't know what they are doing with my application as I sent it mid october and everybody who I know has applied there has already received an offer.
Reply 8
Original post by redddddd
Hopefully, but I don't know what they are doing with my application as I sent it mid october and everybody who I know has applied there has already received an offer.

Did you get a confirmation that they got ur application?
Reply 9
Original post by Phbio
Did you get a confirmation that they got ur application?

Yeah I did and they also asked me to send a copy of my passport as well as my qualifications
Reply 10
they asked for copies of my qualification papers but not passport...? are you from the uk?
Original post by Phbio
they asked for copies of my qualification papers but not passport...? are you from the uk?

Oh really?? And yeah I am from Scotland. I am more worried now, what could possibly be their reason?
Original post by Phbio
I've not seen a thread just for Strathclyde so i though it would be a bit easier. Anyone received an offer yet???

nope! sent my ucas away start of december and still nothing!! conditional for RGU though so thats an option! do you think id have heard back by now if i was being rejected?
I heard back from Strathclyde for pharmacy the other day and unfortunately it was a rejection. They said I had insufficient grades which was fair enough. Received a conditional offer from RGU two weeks ago though with AAB. Wish there were more pharmacy courses available in Scotland.
Sent my application in October and haven't heard back from Strathclyde yet but my personal statement was aimed at medicine so not too sure if I'll get an offer, although I did get 5As, had pharmacy work experience and a 'medicines and drugs' open uni module so thought I might get a conditional.

Anyone know when Strathclyde normally send out pharmacy offers?
Original post by lauralox
I heard back from Strathclyde for pharmacy the other day and unfortunately it was a rejection. They said I had insufficient grades which was fair enough. Received a conditional offer from RGU two weeks ago though with AAB. Wish there were more pharmacy courses available in Scotland.

thats a shame! but i completely agree, 2 in scotland is extremely annoying esspecially with how far apart the two unis which offer it are
Original post by elena_is_blonde
Sent my application in October and haven't heard back from Strathclyde yet but my personal statement was aimed at medicine so not too sure if I'll get an offer, although I did get 5As, had pharmacy work experience and a 'medicines and drugs' open uni module so thought I might get a conditional.

Anyone know when Strathclyde normally send out pharmacy offers?

5As well done! Last year they kind of began sending out offers late january onwards so hoping for a reply anytime now
Original post by euandonaghy
thats a shame! but i completely agree, 2 in scotland is extremely annoying esspecially with how far apart the two unis which offer it are

Hmm..is there only two maybe because there aren't as many jobs? By the way how much guarantee is there that you will get a job as a pharmacist when you graduate and do your pre-reg?
Reply 18
Original post by lauralox

Sorry to hear that, but congrats on the rgu offer! What were your grades if you don't mind my asking?
Reply 19
Anyone heard from Strathclyde. I got a conditional on friday. 😆😆😆

Quick Reply