The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Applicant Day

Hi!
I've been invited to an Applicant Day for Psychology at Bangor university but I'm unable to go because it's far too expensive right now as i'm from Ireland. Is Applicant's Day a must? What if I don't go?
Reply 1
It's optional. It's just a chance to meet some of the lecturers, see the facilities etc. It's basically an open day for people who were too lazy or stupid to visit before they applied :smile:

Nothing will happen if you don't go. All universities have them and to be honest, even if you haven't visited the uni already, there's still no point in going to the applicant day.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by Suki44
It's optional. It's just a chance to meet some of the lecturers, see the facilities etc. It's basically an open day for people who were too lazy or stupid to visit before they applied :smile:

Not true! ^^

If you cannot attend it will not be the worst thing, a lot of people don't.

It allows you for a more in-depth open day. Often you will have a 1-on-1 interview with a member of staff which MAY result in a lower offer on UCAS (although I am yet to meet anyone for who this is actually true) and it is quite informal. You can ask pretty much anything you like about the course and they will realistically discuss if they will cover modules that you are interested in.

There are more tours of accommodation and facilities too.

Like I said, if you can't attend it isn't the worst thing. I would advise attending if you're undecided if Bangor is for you and it's one of your top choices. If you have any questions you can always ask on this forum or email the staff.

Good luck.
Ok, thanks!
Original post by EloiseStar
Not true! ^^

If you cannot attend it will not be the worst thing, a lot of people don't.

It allows you for a more in-depth open day. Often you will have a 1-on-1 interview with a member of staff which MAY result in a lower offer on UCAS (although I am yet to meet anyone for who this is actually true) and it is quite informal. You can ask pretty much anything you like about the course and they will realistically discuss if they will cover modules that you are interested in.

There are more tours of accommodation and facilities too.

Like I said, if you can't attend it isn't the worst thing. I would advise attending if you're undecided if Bangor is for you and it's one of your top choices. If you have any questions you can always ask on this forum or email the staff.

Good luck.

Thank you! And I want Bangor as my first choice. So you think I should go?
Original post by bisolarsystem
Thank you! And I want Bangor as my first choice. So you think I should go?

If you can afford to, and want to go then yes. If you've visited before and done your research it isn't really that necessary (if at all), but go if you want to.
Original post by EloiseStar
If you can afford to, and want to go then yes. If you've visited before and done your research it isn't really that necessary (if at all), but go if you want to.

Okay, thanks so much!
Original post by bisolarsystem
Hi!
I've been invited to an Applicant Day for Psychology at Bangor university but I'm unable to go because it's far too expensive right now as i'm from Ireland. Is Applicant's Day a must? What if I don't go?

It is quite important, the applicant open day was a huge help for me when deciding where to go! I was given information that won me over!

If you can afford it, go. If not, then it shouldn't be a problem.

You could try and find some facebook forums and ask people what they think of Bangor if you can't go :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest