The Student Room Group

Cardiac Physiology 2016 Entry

Any potential cardiac Physiology applicant's out there?
Where did you apply?
Interviews/offers?
Reply 1
Hi there,

I applied to Wolverhampton, Manchester met, Middlesex university, Leeds and Sunderland. I have been interviewed from Manchester met and rejected, then Wolverhampton gave me an alternative course for medical physiology and diagnostics, Middlesex gave me an interview but I withdrew, and I just received an interview from Leeds on the 17th of February. Ah I hate interviews I'm so bad at them and I haven't heard anything from Sunderland. How about yourself?
Original post by amina126
Hi there,

I applied to Wolverhampton, Manchester met, Middlesex university, Leeds and Sunderland. I have been interviewed from Manchester met and rejected, then Wolverhampton gave me an alternative course for medical physiology and diagnostics, Middlesex gave me an interview but I withdrew, and I just received an interview from Leeds on the 17th of February. Ah I hate interviews I'm so bad at them and I haven't heard anything from Sunderland. How about yourself?

I have an interview @ Middlesex University tomorrow
Wolverhampton on the 2nd of February
Swansea on the 3rd of February
Leeds on the 8th of February
Southampton haven't contacted me back regarding an alternative date.
Reply 3
I finally have a leeds interview on the 17th February.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats.
Original post by H011aaa
Hi Moneymania and Amina! I've applied for Cardiac Physiology for 2016 too! I'm absolutely in love with the subject and the prospect of the job, I've been eating, living and breathing it for about a year!

I applied to:
Leeds, - not heard ANYTHING BACK!
Manchester Metropolitan, - Emailed me weeks ago to ask for a tutor reference (I currently study there), but heard nothing since.
Swansea, - Interviewed in Feb, it went ok for me, but not my best interview :/ - That was early feb and not heard back!
Middlesex, - Had an interview that went well, received an offer very soon after.
SGUL.- Rejected for only having one science at A Level.

I'm starting to go slightly loopy waiting for replies- especially from MMU and Leeds because I've not heard a thing- not been asked for an interview, but not been rejected either! I've been checking track every single day!

How is it going for you guys/girls? x

Hey
Mine is not going well either to be honest.
I applied to Middlesex, Swansea, Leeds, Wolverhampton and Southampton.
Middlesex - received offer after couple of days.
Swansea - no response yet.
Southampton - no response yet.
Wolverhampton - received offer after couple of days.
Leeds - rejection.
Hopefully it all goes well for us.
Original post by H011aaa
Well done on your Wolverhampton and Middlesex offers :smile: At least we both know we are definitely going somewhere....we just don't know exactly where yet. You never know we may both end up at Middlesex!

As for Swansea, I guess they are just taking their time. They did tell me that they don't get to decide how many students they take, the Welsh govt decides how many they let them take each year, and it changes. So I guess if they don't know how many they are allowed to take yet, they can't make all their decisions :/

Where do you actually want to go. I really wanted to go Swansea first but now im not to keen on it after going on the interview day. I much more prefer Southampton university. What about you where do you prefee to go?
Original post by H011aaa
Probably Swansea, but I'm still undecoided. Middlesex would be my last choice if I get more offers because of the massive cost of living in London. I will either get unconditional offers or rejections though because I'm older and have all my results already, so I will only have to pick one choice- not a firm and insurance etc.

Oh yes. So Swansea may be the right choice for you from those universities. We might even bump into eachother if we go Swansea or Middlesex
Hello, to those of you asking about Cardiac Physiology, I have contacted the department and they have informed me that the majority of the interviews have now taken place. However, they are holding a couple more interview days and will be making offers at the beginning of April. I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions and I will try my best to help.
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, do you mind telling me what A-levels/ BTEC's you are doing?

Thanks
Anyone else had an offer for Swansea?
Reply 11
Original post by moneymania999
Any potential cardiac Physiology applicant's out there?
Where did you apply?
Interviews/offers?

Hi what a levles/ btecs are you doing?
Original post by H011aaa
I have, but have not made the decision whether to accept it yet. I want to know more about accommodation before I make my decision but they won't reply to my emails and couldn't answer my questions over the phone :s-smilie:

Are you going to accept? X

Hello H011aaa,
Please let me know what you would like to know about accommodation at Swansea University and I will try my best to help!
Original post by H011aaa
Hey guys
After being rejected by Leeds in April, they have jusr invited me back to interview out of the blue, in 2 days time.
Can anyone who had an interview at Leeds give me any hints like what they asked, and what sory of things are involved in the interview?
I havent got any information from them becuase its very last minute, and Leeds is my dream, it's so important to me! :colondollar:

Hey
I attended the Leeds interview and they pretty much ask you questions about work experience, why you want to study the course, what makes you different from other applicants.
The will also be questions about your skills and qualities.
Original post by H011aaa

No problem
Has your interview taken place yet or not?
Reply 15
why are alot of people getting rejected by leeds?
Hi there,

What was asked at the Leeds interview and how
Did it go
Honestly i just wanna tell you guys not to go to SGUL. Im not sure about other places but here the degree is so bad and we all actually hate it. The content is hard enough and the exams are so hard, i got A* in bio a level and we all have put so long into this and will probably get just 2.2s. The course tutors do nothing for you and the placement sites just treat you as slaves. They make you just do work all day and they chat and i once nearly got failed for coming in 3 minutes late. When i told the course tutors i hated my sight they literally did nothing but only offered a journey 2 hours away. I also got assaulted and the uni covered it up cause it was a med student and i told my tutors it wasnt safe for me to be going to placement this early and they literally didnt care. Honestly its a badly planned course, we all hate it and complain all the time but not one person cares about you, i couldnt advise you enough to not do it this is literally a warning.
Hi, I am attending Physiological Sciences in Sunderland but I am looking into getting in for Cardiac Physiology. I just want to know what the courses are like and what the interview was like. I am not great at interviews so your help will be really appreciated.
Hi! Did you take part in a clinical visit day before the interview?

Quick Reply