The Student Room Group

What is the best, most underrated game you have ever played?

Hi, I was just interested to know what non--mainstream games there are out there which are really good

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Amellia123
Hi, I was just interested to know what non--mainstream games there are out there which are really good

Depends on what "mainstream" is seen as, but I think Prey could apply to this.

I bought Prey for the Xbox 360 used for around £2 four/five years ago. It has brilliant professional reviews but not many people seem to have heard of it. It is quite old though (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prey_(video_game))
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
In primary school when my friends talked about COD I used to think they were talking about a fishing game... Irrelevant I know but I just wanted to get it of my chest.
Reply 3
Original post by Davalla
Depends on what "mainstream" is seen as, but I think Prey could apply to this.

I bought Prey for the Xbox 360 used for around £2 four/five years ago. It has brilliant professional reviews but not many people seem to have heard of it.

Funnily enough I have actually heard of Prey, but I was only about 9 when it came out! I shall have to investigate it further :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by John55
In primary school when my friends talked about COD I used to think they were talking about a fishing game... Irrelevant I know but I just wanted to get it of my chest.

Haha in know what you mean, took me a while to figure out what COD2 actually was when I was 11 :biggrin:
Reply 5
Alone in the Dark - I remember playing it on the PS2 it was scary af and I quite liked it :biggrin:
Gregory Horror Show on the PS2. Wandering around a hotel, trying to keep your sanity by using herbs and reading books, stealing souls from guests and trying to avoid guests that you've already stolen souls from.
(edited 8 years ago)
Gran Turismo 5. One of my all time favourite games
Contract whist
Reply 9
Area 51 on PS2. Featuring the voices of David Duchovny and Marilyn Manson, to name just a couple.
Quantum Redshift on XBOX; one of my favourite games.
Spec ops: The line - awful controls, but it has an amazing story.

Reply 12
Conflict Desert Storm II. PS2.

Just realised it is 13 years old and I've still got it.

Where does the time go?
Reply 13
Starsky & Hutch, co-op car chase game based on the tv show. used to play it with my brother, one would drive while the other shoots. those were the days

(skip to 2:00 for gameplay)
[video="youtube;acFjYV58dPM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acFjYV58dPM[/video]
Not exactly underrated, but a neglected classic which still holds up today:

Reply 15

One of the first game I played online, alot.
Europa Universalis 3/4
red steel on wii
burnout 3 was rather underrated
professor layton, especially the first three
Child of Light for Xbox One (think it's on other platforms as well)
pokemon ranger and pokemon mystery dungeon
Original post by jamesthehustler
red steel on wii
burnout 3 was rather underrated

red steel was the bomb!! first game i had on wii

never played burnout 3 but i lloved burnout paradise on xbox 360

Quick Reply

Latest