The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Risky firm choice?

I've applied to Cardiff to study business management and marketing with a conditional offer of AAB with AS grades ABBB alongside an A in EPQ. I was wondering if the uni are lenient if you miss the requirements by one grade? I'm retaking two exams and will obviously try hard to get the grades I need but... I've received an unconditional offer from Aston although I don't like the uni as much and was considering putting it as my insurance. Any suggestions?
Original post by abbie1802
I've applied to Cardiff to study business management and marketing with a conditional offer of AAB with AS grades ABBB alongside an A in EPQ. I was wondering if the uni are lenient if you miss the requirements by one grade? I'm retaking two exams and will obviously try hard to get the grades I need but... I've received an unconditional offer from Aston although I don't like the uni as much and was considering putting it as my insurance. Any suggestions?

If you think you're capable, put Cardiff as your firm choice. Obviously it depends upon what you got for AS, but if you believe you can do it, then go for it. Plus you don't really like Aston, so there's no point going to a uni you're not a fan of, even if uni is all what you personally make of it when you're there.

I applied to Birmingham with an offer of AAB after getting ABBC at AS. Got A*BB and an A in EPQ for results day and they let me in. Of course it depends on each uni individually as to how lenient they will be and the course you applied for, with the more competitive ones (e.g. nursing) being less lenient
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending