The Student Room Group

EDF 2016 Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If u applied for sizewell site like me then u can email Roger barge. But I don't think u applied for there? Best of luck mate
So is the numerical reasoning test about basic maths or interpretaing data from a table as the practise test on shl seems to be about data
Yeah I got an email back now confirming my interview and yeah I actually did go for the sizewell b anyone else has an interview there?
Reply 23
Cool! I didn't get through to the interview. Really annoyed. But I felt I was underaged so at a disadvantage. I was the only one there who was 15. Most were 18 or 19 and at college, studying mechanical engineering. So how old are you, and how did u do on the tests?
(edited 8 years ago)
So is the numerical reasoning about basic mathematic problems or interperating data from a graph? Anyone?
Reply 25
The numerical is not like shl. It's areas, basic subtraction. Ratios, but it's not really easy as you might think. I passed the technical, which is reading passages and answering questions. I passed the numerical The fault and mechanical I failed. This was probably cos I haven't done them at school. People like you are at college so may be studying it. Mechanical is pulleys and stuff. Fault will be explained ,I can't explain it to you. When is your testing day. As sizewellls testing is finished now so?
Thanks for the information and my test is tomorrow and I'm not at college yet so haven't seen them before, so in your opinion what grade would the tests be, B,C?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 27
Grade C. A although if your at high school like me. Then you wouldn't have done any of the mechanical or fault. So good luck. So u applying for sisewell
No I applied for the maintenance engineering at Portsmouth and I have done lots of mechanical aptitude tests before when I applied for Nuvia and Heta so I hope there similar haha
the email for the post testing interview doesn't say that we need to bring a presentation but i have read that other people saying they have took a presentation and I remember him saying at the testing session that we need to be able to present a presentation on any given subject.
I got the apprenticeship with EDF starting in September. Anyone else successful? 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get to find out end of the week
What station? Maintenance engineer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cottam what about you?
Any advice on the interview guys? Like what did it consists off and what questions were asked also what did you make your presentation about?
I made a presentation but they didn't ask for it, when I ask one of the interviewers as they took me back to the reception after the interview he said he didn't know we had to do one
Oh right mine said that i will have to do one about a project or a topic I like
I never done one for mine

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're best of doing one incase

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending