The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Most of the ones ive seen are BSc, i think BEng might be for something like software engineering rather than compsci.
Reply 2
Some unis treat computer as an engineering subject, some treat it as a science (I fall into the engineering camp, btw). Whether it's a BSc or BEng is irrelevent really. I'll get an MEng at the end of my course, yet the people doing the 3 year course get a BSc even though there's only one difference in those 3 years that both do.
Reply 3
At Warwick, it's treated as a separate department (Department of Computer Science - there's also the School of Engineering which is completely separate). Both fall under the Faculty of Science. Like Psyk, those who graduate from the three year course get a BSc and those who graduate from the four year course get an MEng. It will depend on the university - check out which department the course falls under and that should tell you whether it'll be treated as Engineering or not.
Jenn xx
Reply 4
Here at Bristol the CS department is in the Faculty of Engineering which is completely separate from the Faculty of Science. I suppose the way they organise the departments gives you an indication of what the course is like, but it can still vary a lot.

Latest

Trending

Trending