The Student Room Group

If guns were legal, would you own one?

Poll

Would you own a gun if they were legal?

Would you?

Scroll to see replies

Strictly speaking, there are ways to legally own guns in this country anyway.

No, I would not.
nope
yes.
I would own several. I'd put one in every room of the house and one by the door and one in the cupboards. I'd also put a few in the car. Shotguns, handguns, submachine guns and assault rifles, the whole lot. It's a dangerous world out there, it's always good to stay protected. And I'd like to carry a concealed handgun on me at all times if the law were to allow it.
Reply 5
Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3
I would own several. I'd put one in every room of the house and one by the door and one in the cupboards. I'd also put a few in the car. Shotguns, handguns, submachine guns and assault rifles, the whole lot. It's a dangerous world out there, it's always good to stay protected. And I'd like to carry a concealed handgun on me at all times if the law were to allow it.

Dangerous move. What if one accidently gets set off like a mouse trap?!
I would, I'd want a l85 a2, l96 a1, glock 17 and maybe an ar15/m4 carbine.
No. I'd feel like it'd do more harm than good. I'm not trying to exist in a real life version of gta
Original post by aarora

Wouldn't happen in my house, I teach gun safety every week anyway.
Original post by aarora

Haha I'd be very careful, I wouldn't touch them unless I needed to :smile:
I'd rather have a crossbow, they're more elegant.
Reply 11
Yes, definitely.
Yes a machine gun to defend a zobie herd
**** no.

I live in the US and don't own one.
definitely - I wouldn't need to fear a mugging if I were to go out on the streets in a shady neighbourhood (assuming I had to go to one) with a handgun; nobody is going to risk their life for my wallet.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Yes, definitely.
Reply 17
Original post by Sabertooth
I live in the US and don't own one.

Am American using a british site?

No way, you lying.
Reply 18
Original post by sleepysnooze
definitely - I wouldn't need to fear a mugging if I were to go out on the streets in a shady neighbourhood (assuming I had to go to one) with a handgun; nobody is going to risk their life for my wallet.

A gang of them might sneak up on you and point guns at you.
Nope. Americans have this 'right', and I have never heard of a regular citizen having their gun on them and heroically defending citizens. This only happens in movies. When it happens in real life (very rarely) it so happens these people are trained police officers or security guards. If anything they cause way more harm, just compare UK vs US death rates. Even the President of the united states of America is trying to ban them!
http://26t4l93f9dhe439yxm286lpv.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Graph-1.png

Quick Reply

Latest