The Student Room Group

If guns were legal, would you own one?

Scroll to see replies

Yup
Yes, with the increasing islamophobia and if people are allowed guns, I'd like to be able to protect myself from trigger happy folk.
Yep, I'd keep a handgun.
yep
Original post by Mr Smurf
Would you?

Guns are legal here.

Yeah, I have one.
Original post by ibzombie96
Guns are legal here.

Yeah, I have one.

Nice. I'm guessing you have a shotgun?
Yes (protection because my own safety comes first)
Original post by Tootles
I'd rather have a crossbow, they're more elegant.

Same!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rap11
I think the gang will assume that you wont dare take your gun out if there are four of them threatening to kill you if you try to resist.

If four people each have a gun and they mange to sneak up on you - i think its fair to assume you will listen to their demands and not try to shoot any of them as that will be suicidal for you.

sneak up on me and...tie me up? if that was the case, why bother with guns? why even bother with a gang? if they were trying to "sneak up on me", I'd still get my gun out, because we're all equally vulnerable, even when the gang members are already pointing their guns at me - getting my gun out not only takes a fraction of a second (and shooting it while dodging their fire, potentially), but it's pretty clear that it's *still* insane to risk me getting my gun *and* shooting first all for a ****ing wallet. it might be dangerous for me, but I only die - they might not only die, but if they survive, they'll be put in prison for *years* if caught (and in this age of CCTV, thats likely)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Nice. I'm guessing you have a shotgun?

Yep, 12-bore Beretta. Also use Dad's 20-bore Purdey sometimes, but it's too old really and the kick isn't particularly nice (plus it's side by side).

Have a couple of air rifles but they hardly count.
Reply 51
Original post by TunaTunnel
Yes, in this day and age with the migrant crisis we should probably arm ourselves. I'd own an AR and high caliber pistol.

Woah, that's a bit of a leap there, mate - why would migrants cause people to want guns more than usual, other than pure xenophobia?
Reply 52
Original post by sleepysnooze
sneak up on me and...tie me up? if that was the case, why bother with guns? why even bother with a gang? if they were trying to "sneak up on me", I'd still get my gun out, because we're all equally vulnerable, even when the gang members are already pointing their guns at me - getting my gun out not only takes a fraction of a second (and shooting it while dodging their fire, potentially), but it's pretty clear that it's *still* insane to risk me getting my gun *and* shooting first all for a ****ing wallet. it might be dangerous for me, but I only die - they might not only die, but if they survive, they'll be put in prison for *years* if caught (and in this age of CCTV, thats likely)

Sneak up on you and completely surprise you. I am sure you will be completely shocked. If four mask gunmen came out of nowhere pointed a gun at you and told you 'to freeze or we'll blow you brains out'- would you listen to the or still go for your gun. And I would imagine you be shot dead before you get a chance to even pull your gun out
I've looked into getting a gun here anyway; my dad used to be a member of a gun club and I wanted to join. I'm half German and my family have hunted ancestrally. Obvs would only hunt for food though.
Original post by balanced
I would, I'd want a l85 a2, l96 a1, glock 17 and maybe an ar15/m4 carbine.

Why an L86A1? And why didn't you just say SA80 and LSW?
Original post by sleepysnooze
definitely - I wouldn't need to fear a mugging if I were to go out on the streets in a shady neighbourhood (assuming I had to go to one) with a handgun; nobody is going to risk their life for my wallet.

And yet there are plenty of muggings in the U.S., where anybody could be carrying a handgun.
Reply 56
Original post by cbreef
Why an L86A1? And why didn't you just say SA80 and LSW?

The SA80 is the L98 A2...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qonnor
Woah, that's a bit of a leap there, mate - why would migrants cause people to want guns more than usual, other than pure xenophobia?

Why other than pure xenophobia? I'm sure many people would buy guns out of pure xenophobia.
Original post by Andy98
The SA80 is the L98 A2...

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it isn't, the L85A1 and A2 are SA80 variants. The L86's are LSW's. L98's are cadet rifles
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 59
If Guns were legal in London, London would be the second Chiraq.

Quick Reply

Latest