The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
I'm not the person you quoted (oops) but I did the maths paper on the website and found it fairly easy apart from one or two questions, but I don't think it'll be representative of the actual exam which will probably be much harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats cool :smile: Did you do 6 and 7, if so, what did you get? Confused with 7
Original post by nasm
Thats cool :smile: Did you do 6 and 7, if so, what did you get? Confused with 7

7 I couldn't do, but for 6 a) the volume of a cylinder is pi x r^2 x h so that's just pi x 9 x 50 = 450pi
then b) you know that the volumes are the same so pi x r^2 x 18 = 450pi
pi cancels out, then divide 450 by 18 which is 25, square root (as it was r^2) is 5cm :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by docmartensgirl
I'm doing english aswell but im ****ting myself, the questions are so vague surely one doesn't carry the same techniques from the gcse exams into the entrance
exams???

I imagine you do, there's not much else that can be done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
How many years is this school running for?
Reply 24
I'm not the person you quoted (oops) but I did the maths paper on the website and found it fairly easy apart from one or two questions, but I don't think it'll be representative of the actual exam which will probably be much harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, makes so much sense now How did you feel about question 8? And how you feeling about the maths exam in Saturday?
Good luck newbies, there are 12000 applicants, 300 offers will be made
Original post by nasm
Thanks, makes so much sense now How did you feel about question 8? And how you feeling about the maths exam in Saturday?

I couldn't do question eight unfortunately :frown:
And I'm feeling good about it, I don't expect to be able to answer everything but it should be alright. It has been a while since I've done GCSE stuff so I might look at a past paper or something tonight, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
I couldn't do question eight unfortunately :frown:
And I'm feeling good about it, I don't expect to be able to answer everything but it should be alright. It has been a while since I've done GCSE stuff so I might look at a past paper or something tonight, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm quite nervous tbh, on the test paper (on the HWSF website) I was able to do 6/8 questions comfortably but I feel like the paper will not only be harder but the boundary will be really high. The Chemistry paper is worrying me more though.
How did everyone find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lifeiscool
Good luck newbies, there are 12000 applicants, 300 offers will be made

I highly doubt there are twelve thousand applicants lol 😂 could you imagine

Posted from TSR Mobile
thats what the teachers said
Reply 31
Original post by erodedsoul
How did everyone find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright I guess, nothing I can do now but i really hope I get an interview :u:
*necros thread like a bwoss*

I literally applied there this evening (GCSE Results day) via email by telling them my results, along with 4 other friends. We were accepted in a few hours, and were told to come tomorrow at 9am to enrol and choose our courses. No idea how we circumvented all the entrance exams and interviews, but we did it :/

Anyway, who else will be coming to this sixth form? And does anyone know how strict they are? I know that we have to wear suits as the uniform, but how nice are the teachers, are there any free periods where we can chill, and can you leave school early if you have free periods for the rest of the day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending