The Student Room Group

My group want to cheat in the team project

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Strategos
It's funny, because these "life lessons" that you are going through are the real benefit of University. Your moral high horse will land you in trickier situations than this once you leave uni.

No, the only "life lessons" that I've learned is that cheating is morally correct and is endorsed on a student forum. I'm shocked at some of the responses at this thread. Okay, I come across as arrogant and cocky but that's just how I motivate myself, that's just me. I am fine if people have a problem with that.

What sickens me is that there seems to be this sort of ideology that because I don't want to cheat and I want to do things the honest way, I am getting lambasted for that!!

Original post by Cpt. Josh
Or stop bitching about it and put yourself at an advantage? You think high-fliers and CEOs and countless others in a position of relative power got there without clever tactics?

Oh here comes another drone. You lot might as well falsify your tax forms to get an advantage in life. Oh but that's what CEOs do so it must be acceptable!
Original post by Anonymous
What sickens me is that there seems to be this sort of ideology that because I don't want to cheat and I want to do things the honest way, I am getting lambasted for that!!

It's more because you have come onto a forum (and probably told many others) to publicly announce how much better you are than the other people in your group because of your high morality and honest will, while also showing you are willing to snitch on other people (team-mates) and immediately oppose anyone that starts to question your attitude.

Newsflash: society hates people like that.
I think it's perfectly acceptable because I don't whine on about morals, a bunch of imaginary values which change from person to person. If you'd rather "do the right thing" (there is no right thing, since you don't seem clear on how morality works) and not get ahead in life, crack on.

Good for you if you don't whine about morals, not everyone is similar to you in that respect. However in this case, there is "a right thing" and that's following the code of conduct outlined by the University. This sort of thing you'll probably get away with at GCSE and A-Level. But at University level, if you get caught then you're in deep ****. Why would I risk my degree because I want to bend the rules a little bit or not give a crap about morals?
Original post by Strategos
It's more because you have come onto a forum (and probably told many others) to publicly announce how much better you are than the other people in your group because of your high morality and honest will, while also showing you are willing to snitch on other people (team-mates) and immediately oppose anyone that starts to question your attitude.

Newsflash: society hates people like that.

I get that but I don't respect people who take this kind of approach towards their studies and having to pull me into that same situation. I want a way out in the most civil way possible.

I don't care what they do once I'm out of the group and please don't accuse me of willing to snitch. I mentioned I didn't want to have to do it, that doesn't mean I'm willing to do it.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes for me it is. I want to be at the pinnacle, not second best

I like your attitude, first of all, you can't be miserable for getting low if that's what you aimed for. It's the ones who see beyond the ceiling who usually burst through it. But to address the problem, your teammates want to cheat and you aren't okay with that - first, tell them firmly that you disagree and want them to stop; from the way it looks you've done that and they haven't listened so you want to leave. They may have been your friends for a while but university changes people and quality of a friend always overrules the quantity of time you have been friends, so let their character decide, don't hold on to what they used to be. If their behaviour doesn't correlate to your morals, don't let them make you compromise that, otherwise you'll find yourself becoming the very thing you've tried to stop.

Enjoy uni, you'll get that first class for sure with that attitude! Just put in the work now!

God Bless
I think it's perfectly acceptable because I don't whine on about morals, a bunch of imaginary values which change from person to person. If you'd rather "do the right thing" (there is no right thing, since you don't seem clear on how morality works) and not get ahead in life, crack on.

Watch karma come for you. cheaters never win, why? Because you can't play the game. The game plays you.
Oh God just report them already, its clearly what you want to do.

/thread

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending