The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

MA Programme change...possible?

So just this morning, I received a rather speedy offer to the MA programme for Global Media and Postnational Communication,which scares and excites me. However, I went back over the required courses list and I’m realizing I may have misread somewhere because I want to take a Japanese language course. I’ve sent an email asking if this would be possible to do and am waiting on a reply. But in the case that it isn’t possible, how difficult is it to change postgraduate programs, especially right after receiving an offer? It would within the same department (Centre for Media Studies), but I don’t know if that makes a difference.
Original post by MayJay
So just this morning, I received a rather speedy offer to the MA programme for Global Media and Postnational Communication,which scares and excites me. However, I went back over the required courses list and I’m realizing I may have misread somewhere because I want to take a Japanese language course. I’ve sent an email asking if this would be possible to do and am waiting on a reply. But in the case that it isn’t possible, how difficult is it to change postgraduate programs, especially right after receiving an offer? It would within the same department (Centre for Media Studies), but I don’t know if that makes a difference.

Hi @MayJay

Nice to see that you got an offer! Misread it? Oh no. Did the PG team read and respond to your email yet? If they haven't then let me know. I'll see if it went through. It's the least I can do even though you are a buckeye if I remember correctly! :tongue:

If it is in the same department it would be very easy to change. It might just be as simple as sending us a new personal statement since all the other details are the same. Just let me know via an inbox or on this feed what your full name is and your email address and I'll look into it.

~Mike
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending