The Student Room Group

Calls for Oscar boycott over lack of non-white nominees

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mmm778899
So you arent going to complain over the lack of white long distance runners?

Well you just ignored my argument so... What else do you want me to say. One can be measured the other cant. The situation isn't comparable.
Original post by studdybuddy101
Well you just ignored my argument so... What else do you want me to say. One can be measured the other cant. The situation isn't comparable.

But i'm not disputing that....... I'm asking why don't you start a thread raising awareness over the lack of white long-distance runners?

You only seem to care when blacks are the ones not represented.
But i'm not disputing that....... I'm asking why don't you start a thread raising awareness over the lack of white long-distance runners?

Your ignorance is baffling.

Fyi the lack of white long distance runners is not due to systemic reasons like the oscar case. The lack of white long distance runners or rather dominance of east africans is explained here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/world_olympic_dreams/8886705.stm

And its not due to racism

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whites don't have a White award show, even if most of the winners at the Oscars are either Whites/Jews

Black people have their own televised award shows called BET awards where nearly all the winners are Black..

So really what's the issue? one you say is racist, the other isn't because they're Black

The people voting at the Oscars can't vote for a ****ty Black movie just to appease them.

Look at us we're soooooooooo diverse

nigges.jpg
(edited 8 years ago)

1) Did I even start any thread in the first place? No.

2) I am concerned about the representation of all races and humanity.

3) Either you can't read or are unable to process complex information. I JUST TOLD YOU... we have plenty of white runners at the olmpics from different countries of course, so they are represented, they might not win because they are not fast enough which can actually be measured in time. You can't measure best actor, and there is also a lack of diversity in cinema, there is not a lack of diversity in sport because of systematic errors.
Original post by SumYungGuy
Whites don't have a White award show, even if most of the winners at the Oscars are either Whites/Jews

Black people have their own televised award shows called BET awards where nearly all the winners are Black..

So really what's the issue? one you say is racist, the other isn't because they're Black

The people voting at the Oscars can't vote for a ****ty Black movie just to appease them.

Look at us we're soooooooooo diverse

nigges.jpg

BET Awards were created due to the lack of acknowledgement of black entertainers in the 80s I think.
Original post by Dopesmoker
Your ignorance is baffling.

Fyi the lack of white long distance runners is not due to systemic reasons like the oscar case. The lack of white long distance runners or rather dominance of east africans is explained here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/world_olympic_dreams/8886705.stm

And its not due to racism

Posted from TSR Mobile

And how do you know Oscar winners being white is down to racism?
Original post by Ladymusiclover
BET Awards were created due to the lack of acknowledgement of black entertainers in the 80s I think.

Cool and still exist 30 years on..... Dats waysist!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Boycott athletics events for a lack of white people, particularly in the track events too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two ways to increase your chances of winning an Oscar.

Make a movie set around WW2 that shows how Jews and only Jews suffered.

Make a White guilt movie to do with Western slavery, but don't mention any Jewish involvement of this BUSINESS.

Hollywood is run by Jews, everyone knows it.

Watch this. The timing of the anti-Arab propaganda by Hollywood and the wars in the Middle East.. just a coincidence?

(edited 8 years ago)
Here's an idea.

White actors boycott the Jewish control of Hollywood.
It's just black actors protesting over the lack of black actors

They don't give a damn about any other people of colour

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending