The Student Room Group

How is software engineering?

I love programming, I think Software Engineering would be great for me. I am not the best at maths, so Comp Sci is ruled out. If anyone is doing/knows anyone who does Software Engineering, let me know what to expect.

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by abrack
I love programming, I think Software Engineering would be great for me. I am not the best at maths, so Comp Sci is ruled out. If anyone is doing/knows anyone who does Software Engineering, let me know what to expect.

Thanks! :smile:

Software engineering is not that much different from CS though, they mostly do the same fundermentals in yr 1 and maybe 2. If you think you'll struggle with cs then software engineering wont be any easier. Although I dont think the maths in compsci is that hard. Mostly matrices, functions, sets, proof by induction, not exactly hard topics imo
Original post by bigboateng_
Software engineering is not that much different from CS though, they mostly do the same fundermentals in yr 1 and maybe 2. If you think you'll struggle with cs then software engineering wont be any easier. Although I dont think the maths in compsci is that hard. Mostly matrices, functions, sets, proof by induction, not exactly hard topics imo

Thanks. I still have time. According to a guy from the CompSci subreddit, I would be good for Software Engineering as opposed to Computer Science.

Quick Reply

Latest