The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

is the Aberdeen nightlife good?

I have an offer to study at the university of Aberdeen. Im just wondering what is the nightlife like, is it good. Also are there any raves held in aberdeen, with house music etc..
Original post by Gabesdefig
I have an offer to study at the university of Aberdeen. Im just wondering what is the nightlife like, is it good. Also are there any raves held in aberdeen, with house music etc..

Tbh the nightlife is what you make it. There is like five major clubs, each playing whatever type of music they are hosting that night. One day it could be house, the next it could be r&b or a mixture of both....but i wouldnt say the night life is amazing compared to big cities like birmingham, manchester etc however, once you made a couple of friends you get on with, your nights out will prob b good!!!

Personally, as i am from a major city i found the nightlife to be OK , not spectacular..by the 4th day of freshers, i had already been to 3/5 and was already bored. However, there is always someone hosting a flat party or something, so you will be fine.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
It is decent, but as with any city there are a lot of ghastly mainstream meatmarkets, but there are still a few underground places, Tunnels for non EDM dance, Downstairs at the Malt Mill Holburn St for dirty rock n roll, Moorings/Krakatoa for a decent pint.

Prince of Wales for the best trad pub... I moved away in 2005, but this is a permanent fact, known to all Aberdonians such as myself.

There is a forum called Aberdeen Music if you want to get into close detail...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending