The Student Room Group

Going to the dentist at uni

How do you go about going to the dentist at Uni? I've never been registered with another dentist in my uni city, and was wondering how it works seeing as I'm not exempt from charges under the NHS now.

I'm not going for just a routine check up, my wisdom teeth are coming through and they are so painful, but I can't go home to my normal dentist so I'm not sure what to do!! Is it just as easy as registering at another dentist here?

Thankyou!
Original post by stenhorse
How do you go about going to the dentist at Uni? I've never been registered with another dentist in my uni city, and was wondering how it works seeing as I'm not exempt from charges under the NHS now.

I'm not going for just a routine check up, my wisdom teeth are coming through and they are so painful, but I can't go home to my normal dentist so I'm not sure what to do!! Is it just as easy as registering at another dentist here?

Thankyou!

I don't remember much of a hassle - there were just some forms to fill and that was that!

Also, have you tried filling out a HC1 form? It's possible that you could get help with payments for some stuff from the NHS, subject to certain conditions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending