The Student Room Group

Mental health nursing 2016

Hello I'm just wondering if anyone who's done a mental health nursing degree or is currently doing one can help me out..
I've applied for mental health nursing at UWE Swansea Plymouth and Bournemouth and have interviews but I'm still not 100% sure on my choice I'm just wondering do you still get to go out and enjoy student life as I know your on placement a lot? and also if it really that bad because so many people moan about night shifts and being tiered all the time and stuff? I'm also just wondering if people can tell me about placement what it's like what sort of things your actually doing on your shift? I just want to be sure I'm making the right choice as I'm not actually that sure what it's all about and want some insight :smile:
Original post by Lelani123
Hello I'm just wondering if anyone who's done a mental health nursing degree or is currently doing one can help me out..
I've applied for mental health nursing at UWE Swansea Plymouth and Bournemouth and have interviews but I'm still not 100% sure on my choice I'm just wondering do you still get to go out and enjoy student life as I know your on placement a lot? and also if it really that bad because so many people moan about night shifts and being tiered all the time and stuff? I'm also just wondering if people can tell me about placement what it's like what sort of things your actually doing on your shift? I just want to be sure I'm making the right choice as I'm not actually that sure what it's all about and want some insight :smile:

I've requested a move into the nursing forum for you.
Check it out here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=640 - nursing forum

Mental Health Nursing Applicants 2016! thread!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending