The Student Room Group

Pre- Registration Physiotherapy Msc 2016/2017

Just thought I'd start a thread as I couldn't find one for 2016/2017.

I'm a third year Human Biology student at Queens Uni in Belfast. I've applied to quite a few Pre-reg physiotherapy courses in the UK to start 2016/2017 and I am yet to hear back from any of the unis i've applied to.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard back about interviews or offers yet? Or are people in the same situation as me? Or even if people know when interviews are usually sent out or held, even for specific unis?

Hate the waiting!!

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physio21
Just thought I'd start a thread as I couldn't find one for 2016/2017.

I'm a third year Human Biology student at Queens Uni in Belfast. I've applied to quite a few Pre-reg physiotherapy courses in the UK to start 2016/2017 and I am yet to hear back from any of the unis i've applied to.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard back about interviews or offers yet? Or are people in the same situation as me? Or even if people know when interviews are usually sent out or held, even for specific unis?

Hate the waiting!!

Thanks!

Hi there. I saw this on an unanswered thread board and though I could help from a university perspective. Application processes at PG level differ from university to university, so we all do things within different timeframes (sorry about that!). At QMU for example, our application deadline is 31st January, and we will start making the majority of decisions from that date (to allow all on-time applications to be considered at once). Therefore, it's likely going to be late February onwards before we have reviewed all applications and decisions are sent out. This is only for QMU though - as I said, we all do things differently so it depends where else you have applied to and what their deadlines are. I'm afraid you may have a bit longer to wait still...
All the best with your applications though!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Reply 2
Hi there,

I've applied for MSc physiotherapy courses for 2016/2017 too! Im currently doing Sports Science! Which ones have you applied to?
Reply 3
Hey,

I've got an interview from Birmingham and St George's University but not heard back from King's College yet. I also studied Sport Science at university (graduated May 2015) and I am now working in a hospital. What Universities have you applied to and how did you find the open days?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Hey,

Well done for your interviews! I have one at Essex, but haven't heard back from St.George's or King's College yet! I only went to Essex's open day as the other open days fell when I had exams or coursework due! Did you look round them?
Reply 5
I didn't manage to visit Birmingham due to a hard christmas period at work but I went to both St George's University and King's College and they were brilliant. How are you getting on with your degree and what type of experience do you have?
Hi all. I have applied to quite a few aswell. So far I have just heard back from Birmingham and I have an interview in 2 weeks. Have you got any ideas what the interview will be about? thanks
Reply 7
Hey Elisa,

I have no clue either on that 20 minute task either. I'm guessing the other part of the interview will be basic questions on why we want to do physiotherapy and why we are suitable for the course. What undergraduate course did you study?
Hei. I did a Bachelor in Human Movement science and Master in Sport Science. What about you? I read you visited King's College and St. George. what can you tell me about them? Nice ? Living outside the UK I did not manage to come and visit any of the Universities....unfortunately
Reply 9
Hi all! Following my interview Thursday I've just been offered a place at Birmingham for MSc physio! This is my first choice so very excited :smile:
Has anyone else been given an offer yet?

I've also applied to Manchester met, Kings and Leeds but havnt heard anything yet.
Original post by Elisa-Betta
Hi all. I have applied to quite a few aswell. So far I have just heard back from Birmingham and I have an interview in 2 weeks. Have you got any ideas what the interview will be about? thanks

I applied for Birmingham in October but haven`t heard anything since. When did you apply?
Is here anyone here who did Physical Education as an undergraduate degree?
Hi everyone,

I am also applying for Msc Physiotherapy course. I am currently conducting a final year dissertation project on students who wish to become physiotherapists. Does anyone mind answering few simple questions via telephone/skype interview? PM if anyone can help out.
Reply 13
Original post by aigars921
I applied for Birmingham in October but haven`t heard anything since. When did you apply?

Hi! I applied for MSc just before Christmas, I was told about an interview 28th Jan, my interview was yesterday and I heard back today.

I know they've had some interviews last week and this week.

I hope you hear soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Dani23
Hi all! Following my interview Thursday I've just been offered a place at Birmingham for MSc physio! This is my first choice so very excited :smile:
Has anyone else been given an offer yet?

I've also applied to Manchester met, Kings and Leeds but havnt heard anything yet.

Ah, congratulations! What did the interview entail and what types of questions were you asked? Cheers
Reply 15
Hi guys!

I'm in my last year of a Sports Therapy degree, which I have had to undertake as when I was completing my A levels had no idea I wanted to follow a career in physio. I was hoping a BSc in Sports therapy would easily land me a place on a BSc in physio; but have had 3 out of 5 choices rejected.

Is applying for a pre-reg physio degree a pointless move to make to cover my backside? I appriciare I may hear a positive response from my remaining choices but I'll be 25 at the start of the courses and would like to get into a career sooner rather than later.

Thanks

Ben
Hi Guys,
I got accepted into Brunel which was one of my top choices so happy happy!:smile:
Anyone else considering/heard back from brunel? and if so is anyone staying on campus or commuting?

Ive had a st. georges interview and still waiting on a interview reply from Kings (i dont think anyone has heard from kings yet lool!) But the interview dates are march 9th/16th so im sure we're bound to hear from them soon.

Im a Londoner so my initial top choice was either Brunel or Kings, however reading other threads and hearing experiences & opinions about Kings has made me reconsider. Ive heard so many times that it is more "academic" than any manual learning that other uni's provide. Anyone else heard these comments about kings? Nevertheless i know kings is a brill uni in the uk but i still want to ensure the uni i choose will teach me clinical skills as well..not just theory because a physio is way more than that

GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYONE ELSE STILL APPLYING!:london:
I had an interview last Thursday as well but they told me they wouldn't be letting people know for 2-3 weeks. They said the 18 highest scoring candidates from the interview process would get a funded place. Is yours funded?
Original post by Joeys23
I had an interview last Thursday as well but they told me they wouldn't be letting people know for 2-3 weeks. They said the 18 highest scoring candidates from the interview process would get a funded place. Is yours funded?

Was it an interview for Brunel you had last week?
I had mine at the end of January and I got a call last week, which was the 3rd week after my interview, so yes Brunel does make you wait up to 3 weeks max they say.
Yes my place is funded
Reply 19
Original post by Phys2016
Ah, congratulations! What did the interview entail and what types of questions were you asked? Cheers

Thank you! just standard questions really, I would suggest reading NHS Constitution Values, as with all physio interviews :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest