The Student Room Group

I've had a successful NHS job interview...

I've had a successful NHS job interview (receptionist in the A&E Department). I applied at the start of December, I was shortlisted for an interview and I was told at the start of January I've been successful and was asked if I'd like to accept the job and of course I accepted, however its been over 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything, I've contact them via e.mail about a possible start date but I haven't had any straight answers, have anybody else has experience with this? How long does it take an application to process for the NHS? I'm starting to get nervous they may withdraw my job offer!

Thank you in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Nobody at all? :frown:
If it's anything like the recruitment in my hospital it can take absolutely forever before you hear anything! I would speak to the Senior Sister in the A&E department to see if she can chase recruitment to see where they are at with everything. They may say they are waiting references, DBS etc. Speaking to recruitment directly (especially in my hospital) is next to useless but find the Senior Sisters are a lot more effective. They will chase recruitment on your behalf because they too will be eager for you to start ASAP!
Welcome to Human Resources which is the least effective department in any NHS organisation. As ButterflyRN said, keep in touch with whoever offered you the job and HR will catch up eventually.
Original post by MonteCristo
Welcome to Human Resources which is the least effective department in any NHS organisation. As ButterflyRN said, keep in touch with whoever offered you the job and HR will catch up eventually.
THIS.
Well done!!! That will be amazing! I've just got an NHS job too as a health care assistant 😊 They told us the process may take up to two months!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Generally speaking the delay is with occupational health. Criminal record checks are done electronically now so take a matter of days rather than weeks. Occy health on the other hand are generally rubbish, especially if they've been outsourced to a third party to save money.
Original post by FXX
Generally speaking the delay is with occupational health. Criminal record checks are done electronically now so take a matter of days rather than weeks. Occy health on the other hand are generally rubbish, especially if they've been outsourced to a third party to save money.

I'm not the OP but this was helpful, thanks! Bloody Occy eh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! I have applied for the same role! Do you remember how long it took for you to be shortlisted/get an interview? I really want the job !! Also did U have any experience when u applied? X
Original post by mollyandbella
Hi! I have applied for the same role! Do you remember how long it took for you to be shortlisted/get an interview? I really want the job !! Also did U have any experience when u applied? X

Hi where have you applied for? I've applied for a job in a&e as a receptionist, wondering if it's the same hospital?
Hey! I applied for a health care assistant, and I really want it 😭 have you heard anything?
Hey! I applied for a health care assistant, and I really want it 😭 have you heard anything?

Heyyy, I’ve just been successful at getting a job as a HCA in the NHS. They’ll let you know a few days after the interview if you’ve been successful
Congrats! I have just submitted my form, how long did it take to shortlist you? And did you have experience ?
Congrats! I have just submitted my form, how long did it take to shortlist you? And did you have experience ?

About 2 days max... got over a years experience
I got an interview! Any help on what the maths/English test will be? And possible interview questions?
I got an interview! Any help on what the maths/English test will be? And possible interview questions?

No maths and English test as far as I’m aware

Questions I got asked were basically like “why do you think you’d be a good fit for this job?” “What do you think about the NHS?”

Stuff like that basically
(edited 6 years ago)
I got the job! How long till I actually start?
I got the job! How long till I actually start?

Could be ages to be honest, I’ve not even started yet. The delay is with occupational health for the most part you’ll have to wait because if you haven’t already got hepatitis B and BCG vaccinations you have to wait until they become available, then an additional months wait whilst they confirm you’re immune and to get your blood tests. Then there’s your uniform to order on top of that, you have to sort that. Then any paperwork you need to take in. All in all could be a good few months wait
What about now? Have u started? I’m not sure if I should get another job while im waiting!
Hi i went to an interview on Tuesday, they said they would call on Thursday but called on Friday. Unfortunately, i couldn't answer the call, i was at work they told my daughter they'd cal on Monday. What does that mean? Any ideas?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending