The Student Room Group

British Council Teaching Assistants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ah2
So impatient to hear back now! Does anyone have any more news on when we will?

Me too! I'm thinking in the next couple of weeks! People I knew who did BC last year found out their regions around this time :smile:
Reply 41
Ahh thank you! so excited to find out!
Yes I applied for Spain too and received my acceptance email on the 13th April. Have you heard back yet? I wouldn't worry though I saw a few people on my course only heard back around a week-10 days ago. Hope this helps!
Cat
Original post by JoyRose
Hey Cat,

I've applied for Madrid too, I'm graduating this year and want to go back after my Erasmus experience. I'm not sure when they will get back to us although if you have a look at the 2015/2016 thread, most of the people there didn't find out until a few days before the 30th so I would be patient for the minute

I'm really want to know too,

Joy :smile:

Where did you stay during your Erasmus year? It would be great if we both got our first choice of Madrid! I am worried about the cost of a flat though! Hoping to find others to share with.

Cat
Reply 44
Original post by HuwJD
I got an email yesterday confirming that I would be based in Saarland in Germany!! Anyone else applied to Germany? Would be cool to know someone, if only vaguely, before I went out there!

Yep I got an email the other day too saying I've been accepted and would be in Hessen! Would be good just to talk to people heading out to Germany in general anyway :smile:
Original post by coupecake
I think those are just between BC and partner institutions, sorting out our allocation!

What were your preferences for Spain?

Yeah, I emailed them and there's anything else needed until they get back to us.

I chose Catalonia and Paid Vasco
Reply 46
I'm hoping to be allocated a position in Spain after hearing back positively from the BC recently. Preference is Madrid.
Original post by 3DDY
I'm hoping to be allocated a position in Spain after hearing back positively from the BC recently. Preference is Madrid.

I have applied for Madrid also. Not sure how likely I am to get it though as it's probably quite competitive! :smile:

Cat
Reply 48
Original post by catrionachica
I have applied for Madrid also. Not sure how likely I am to get it though as it's probably quite competitive! :smile:

Cat

True, but then again Valencia and Andalucía are popular alternatives to Madrid, so we'll see. I mean, Madrid doesn't have a beach, which would put a surprisingly large amount of people off the destination, I'd imagine. Do you speak Spanish? I'm hoping to really improve mine whilst I am over there, if indeed I get there.
Reply 49
Hey has anyone chosen France's overseas territories as their preference ? I doubt many people would have
Original post by JeremyR
Hey has anyone chosen France's overseas territories as their preference ? I doubt many people would have

I have, along with Lille and then Nantes. I was asking myself the same question too. Also, as I graduated nearly a year ago, I might not be prioritised which is fair enough.

Looks like no-one's heard back about their french regions yet, but "mid-May" as indicated above would suggest by the end of next week, surely.

As for me, I'm kinda split on Outre-Mer and Lille aha, both would be great in very, very different ways. What about you?
Original post by tonyflow
I have, along with Lille and then Nantes. I was asking myself the same question too. Also, as I graduated nearly a year ago, I might not be prioritised which is fair enough.

Looks like no-one's heard back about their french regions yet, but "mid-May" as indicated above would suggest by the end of next week, surely.

As for me, I'm kinda split on Outre-Mer and Lille aha, both would be great in very, very different ways. What about you?

I've gone for Outre-Mer and Lille as second preference too! I really desperately want Outre-Mer though...the waiting is killing me!
Original post by 500DaysOfSummer
I've gone for Outre-Mer and Lille as second preference too! I really desperately want Outre-Mer though...the waiting is killing me!

I know I'd love both. Lille seems right up my street - close to Paris, Belgium, Germany and even London where my girlfriend lives. And well, the caribbean kinda speaks for itself...

Good luck, hope you get it!
Reply 53

I think you'll be ok if you wanted to go there because at least at my uni, no ones chosen it! And Outre-Mer is 4 places as well! I had Reims and Poitiers as 2nd and 3rd. Hoping for Guadeloupe as I used to live in the Seychelles and have a pretty good command of creole and French
Original post by JeremyR
I think you'll be ok if you wanted to go there because at least at my uni, no ones chosen it! And Outre-Mer is 4 places as well! I had Reims and Poitiers as 2nd and 3rd. Hoping for Guadeloupe as I used to live in the Seychelles and have a pretty good command of creole and French

Which 4 are they? I didn't know there was any additional information stating this.

Ah well, you should be alright then. I've never lived outside of England and I've only got my French.
Reply 55
Which 4 are they? I didn't know there was any additional information stating this.

Ah well, you should be alright then. I've never lived outside of England and I've only got my French.

The 4 départements with the British Council are Martinique and Guadeloupe (Caribbean), French Guiana (South America) and La Réunion (Indian Ocean)
Original post by 3DDY
True, but then again Valencia and Andalucía are popular alternatives to Madrid, so we'll see. I mean, Madrid doesn't have a beach, which would put a surprisingly large amount of people off the destination, I'd imagine. Do you speak Spanish? I'm hoping to really improve mine whilst I am over there, if indeed I get there.

Yes that's true! I decided not to apply there as anywhere with a beach will be so popular and so less likely to get that region and I actually want to speak Spanish which you can avoid doing in most beachy-touristy areas such as Andalucia. Yeah I speak Spanish but not as well as I should for being in my 3rd year! Do you? :smile:
Has anyone else been placed in Jiangxi, China? Or anywhere in China?
Reply 58
Original post by Penguins101
Ahhh thanks so much! Was getting a bit worried haha- it just says shortlisted now :smile: hopefully will hear soon as I finish uni in 2 weeks!

phew mine says Shortlisted too. hopefully we get it!

What are your preferences? Mine are Valencia - Aragon - Pais Vasco
Reply 59
Anyone applying for Italy heard about regional allocation yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending