The Student Room Group

Royal College of Art 2016

Hi - has anyone applied to the RCA for Sep 16 entry? I'm waiting to hear back post-interview and was wondering if anyone else was in the same situation.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I'm waiting for an answer from them too :smile: For what course are you applying for? I'm applying for Animation
Reply 2
Hey :smile: I'm applying for Critical and Historical Studies. Have you had an interview? Good luck!
Reply 3
Heyy guys. I applied for Fashion womenswear and still have no email send to me yet. Wondering, Is there anyone applied for fashion and get email yet? So excited and nervous right now. Please let me know.
I applied for curating contemporary art. Got my offer 10 days ago! The intervew was nerve wrecking.
Reply 5
It is almost Febuary 12. I am so excited and nervous. Hope I will hear something soon.
Reply 6
I received an email from RCA and they want to interview me early next week. I think I am going to postpone the date as I am not fully prepared for the interview. :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by anchostar
I received an email from RCA and they want to interview me early next week. I think I am going to postpone the date as I am not fully prepared for the interview. :frown:

Glad to hear that. Can I ask you Which program?
Reply 8
Original post by anchostar

Are you sure they'll let you do that? Also I wouldn't panic too much, they didn't give me much time either - and I felt very underprepared - but it was fine. Don't make it this huge big thing in your head, or you're bound to fail.
Reply 9
Original post by Tristatus
Glad to hear that. Can I ask you Which program?

I applied for Visual Communication - Illustration pathway!
Original post by Quicksand
Are you sure they'll let you do that? Also I wouldn't panic too much, they didn't give me much time either - and I felt very underprepared - but it was fine. Don't make it this huge big thing in your head, or you're bound to fail.

yeah I agree. Thank you for the advice. By the way, I just got an email from RCA and they said the interview date can't be changed. This is so nerve wracking.....
Hello,

I have applied to the RCA for MA Photography for Sept 2016 entry. Heard back 2 days ago that I have got an interview at the end of this month! Anyone else applied for Photography? :smile:
Reply 12
Hi,
I have applied to the RCA for MA Painting and still have not email send to me. Is there anyone applied for MA Painting and have got an email for the interview? Please let me know. I am so excited and nervous.
Reply 13
Hi everyone,

So it's the 12th, I've applied to visual communication: graphic design, and still do not have any response. Is anyone in the same boat as me?

I've read through a similar thread from last year's process and noticed that some programs were running past their notification period, but people got emails letting them know there was a delay. Has anyone heard anything regarding any delays?
Reply 14
Original post by waterb
Hi everyone,

So it's the 12th, I've applied to visual communication: graphic design, and still do not have any response. Is anyone in the same boat as me?

I've read through a similar thread from last year's process and noticed that some programs were running past their notification period, but people got emails letting them know there was a delay. Has anyone heard anything regarding any delays?

Yes,I also applied to visual communication,but there is still no response.
I feel that I have no chance to join the interview;however,I even don't receive the rejection letter.
😟
Reply 15
Original post by Nichsu
Yes,I also applied to visual communication,but there is still no response.
I feel that I have no chance to join the interview;however,I even don't receive the rejection letter.
😟

I wouldn't be upset yet since something similar happened last year and people did end up being invited for an interview!
Original post by Ellie_v
Hi,
I have applied to the RCA for MA Painting and still have not email send to me. Is there anyone applied for MA Painting and have got an email for the interview? Please let me know. I am so excited and nervous.

Hey I also applied to Painting, as did a friend of mine and neither of us have heard anything yet either so don't worry just yet!
Reply 17
Original post by Scarlet_cynth
Hey I also applied to Painting, as did a friend of mine and neither of us have heard anything yet either so don't worry just yet!

Thank you Scarlet_cynth, I am calm and I believe positive :smile:
Let me know if you receive an email from RCA and if I receive something I'll let you know too. Good luck for us :smile:
Original post by Ellie_v
Thank you Scarlet_cynth, I am calm and I believe positive :smile:
Let me know if you receive an email from RCA and if I receive something I'll let you know too. Good luck for us :smile:

Yea definitely! Good luck!!! I'll be so nervous if I actually do get an interview though haha hopefully we'll find out tomorrow!
Reply 19
Original post by waterb
I wouldn't be upset yet since something similar happened last year and people did end up being invited for an interview!

Ok!
Let's wait these days!
Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest